Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for August 10th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* NEW: Grandma’s Herbals has heat packs for aches and pains and Grandma’s special hair oil. A 10 percent discount is offered to customers that reuse their glass bottles. Find them in stall B10.
* NEW: Disabilities Swashakthi Foundation is a membership organization for people with disabilities following accidents, injuries, or illness. They are at the Saturday Good Market with handmade, upcycled crafts. Stop by stall D8 to show your support.
* NEW: Kim’s Kitchen is offering authentic all natural Vietnamese food in stall B4. They have fresh spring rolls, papaya salad, and banh mi with homemade sauces.
* NEW: Carità is under the nuga tree with second-hand jewelry, story books, toys, and more. This is an initiative by a local teen and all proceeds will be used to support local childrens’ homes.
* Setramed Ayurveda is in stall B8 a range of ayurvedic products including udvartana churna, face ubtan, body ubtan, foot ubtan, foot bath tea, and iramusu herbal tea.
* Sena Eco is introducing a line of yoga mat covers this week in stall B8.
* Deen the Bookman has a new collection of rare books and second hand novels and children’s books in stall A1.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Natural coir sponge from Eco Lanka Consultants
* Liver bite and chicken nibble natural dog treats from The Barkery
* Dark chocolate with kithul jaggery and dark chocolate with brown sugar from Serendib Chocolate
* Dates, atta flour, gram flour, and kurakkan flour from FoodLink
* Calendula baby soap, charcoal facial soap, cinnamon clove body bar, and lavender body bar fromMoonshadow
* Green coffee bean extract, espresso, and medium roast coffee from LYBS
* Natural vermicompost garden fertilizer from Agrich
Good Market Reid avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Organic PGS parsley and celery from Green House Organic Garden
* Pure kithul syrup from Kimbula Kithul
* PGS free range eggs from Malpotha Farms
* Dark chocolate brownie, caramel shortbread, mushroom leek quiche, and almond raspberry cake fromDottie's
* Protein Blast, Almond Cranberry Crunch, and Mega Omega from PowerUp 365
* Calocybe indica specialty mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
* Classic kombucha, ginger kombucha, turmeric kombucha, belimal kombucha, and green tea jun from Laa Dhalu
* Moringa leaf herbal tea and moringa capsules from MoriCeylon
* Smooth Ceylon, Indulgence, and Intense Espresso coffee from Soul Coffee
* Roll-on mosquito guard and peppermint, cinnamon bark, and tea tree essential oil and from Cliara Essential Oils
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.