Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open this Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Many new and returning vendors this week: batik shoes, ice cold fruit popsicles, free mehendi for kids, and much more. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World. Volunteers welcome.
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor Seedevi will have porridge made from meneri, thanahal, ollu, thala, mudu, kollu in Stall B3
* New vendor Kanch will have unique batik shoes in Stall D4
* Wasana Foods has village-style rice & curry, tropical fruit popsicles, kurakkan or coconut roti with spinach, prawn or potato filling, thosai with sambol, kadala, kiribath, cutlets and fresh juice in Stall D5
* Kanchi Crafts has a beautiful new range of handmade coconut shell jewelry in Stall B4
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, cowpea vadai, manioc and sambol, atta pancakes and kola kenda in Stall B2
* Kithul Wood Designs has naturally polished kithul wood light fixtures, lamps, and other unique housewares in Stall D2
* Friends Home in Stall D5 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visit www.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* MiniMehendi World is doing natural henna mehendi art in Stall D5. Free for children. Have a favorite design? Bring it with you.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C3 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. The Sri Lanka Super 7s rugby tournament is wrapping up this Saturday, and a big turnout is expected. This is a great week to visit the market by PickMe, Uber, public transport or bicycle!
* New vendor Amazing Wood Art will have original wooden carvings from Maradagahamula artisans in Stall B2.
* Rotaract Club of Wattala will be celebrating International Friendship Day in Stall B10
Baker’s Choice is back in Stall A9 this week with fresh-from-the-oven sourdough, brioche and more. Their special gluten-free loaf sells out quickly. Preorder by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
* ECO-V has sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, organic seedlings, gardening supplies and more in Stall A14. Seedlings include citronella, vetiver, basil, thulasi and air plants.
* Gami Gedara is introducing 2 new drinks in Stall A7. Their Wel Penela Boost has anti-inflammatory properties and is a great for body pain and digestion, and their Tropical Fitness is made with fresh gotukola.
* Secret Garden has aloe, dyckia, haworthia, agave, cacti and other succulents to brighten up your home or office. Visit Stall B12 and see how small is beautiful.
* Saaraketha is giving an 18% discount on their organic certified Japanese cucumber in Stall D6 this week
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Sunrise Organic Farm will be in Stall D1 with a fresh selection of organic herbs and upcountry vegetables from their Nuwara Eliya farm.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B13.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B14.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Organic certified vegan coconut spreads from Greenfield Organic Life. Available in cinnamon, ginger, pineapple, coconut and cacao.
* Oatmeal honey bath soap from Aurelia Soapworks
* Laundry powder, dishwash soap, and activated charcoal odor absorbers fromMoonshadow
* Certified organic baby spinach, mixed lettuce, and potatoes from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Organic PGS mixed salad greens and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Free range eggs from Via Village in Vavuniya and Malpotha Farm near Bandarawela
* All natural ice cream and vegan sorbet from Carino. Flavors include hazelnut chocolate, cappuccino, strawberry, woodapple and more
* Mango, passionfruit, strawberry, blueberry, raspberry and plain yogurt from Senani Natural
* Natural ginger beer and naarang juice from Cherine’s Quench
* Iced chai latte, lime crush, lemongrass mint and rose hibiscus iced tea from SOZO
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Traditional buffalo curd and plain yogurt from Renuka’s
* Pure vanilla extract, vanilla paste, and vanilla pods from Ceylon Vanilla
* All natural almond butter, cashew butter, chocolate granola, matcha granola and nut & seed crackers from Soul Food
* Basil pesto and kombucha from Flow Health Bar
* Cocoa, mango, banana, and pineapple organic snack bars from Greenfield Organic Life
* Organic certified ready-to-eat pumpkin soup, garlic & gotukola soup, mango & mustard soup, vegetable mulligatawny, and tom kha from Ma's Foods Organic
* Natural gherkin pickles and organic certified coconut vinegar from Govi Aruna
* Organic PGS green gram, white cowpea, and red cowpea from Savira Natural Foods
* Goji berries, flax seeds, chia seeds, quinoa, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pine nuts, and pecan from What on Earth
* Organic certified vegan coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, coconut cream, coconut butter spread, desiccated coconut, and ready-to-eat toasted coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Natural sea salt from Saviya Co-operative Society in Puttalam
* Dried katta, angulu, sardines, and sprats from Kilinochchi women’s groups organized by Sevalanka Foundation
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan vendor community.