Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for August 17th is below.
* NEW: Mannankulam Farm will have PGS organic virgin coconut oil, suwandel heirloom rice, and pachaperumal organic rice from their east coast farm in stall B7. They are offering a special introductory discount for their virgin coconut oil, which is handmade using traditional methods.
* Parkville is proud to introduce FlipYarn, an innovative recycling program for discarded flip flops. The rubber slippers are collected, sanitized, and upcycled into colorful sunglasses and accessories. Visit stall D3 to get a sneak peek before their international Kickstarter campaign launch on Tuesday, August 20th. They will also have a collection point for your old flip flops, so bring them with you to be recycled!
* Elle’s Treasures is offering a “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” discount on their curated collection of secondhand clothing. Proceeds go to support local children’s homes.
* Manohari Batik will have handmade batik tops, dresses, and shirts in stall E2.
* Happy Crafts will be in stall B9 with a new line of handmade children’s toys.
* Deen the Bookman is featuring a new collection of secondhand novels, children’s books, collectibles and more in stall A1.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Sunflower seeds, almonds, and pine nuts from What On Earth
* Organic certified peace herbal tea blend, earl grey tea, english breakfast tea, green mint tea, black pepper, and white pepper from Greenfield Organic Life
* Matcha, spirulina, maca and acai powders from Vitawell
* Coconut crumble and cashew crumble cookies that provide employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities from Hope Cookies
* Chia seeds, flax seeds, black sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, and basil seeds from Thulsi Superseeds
* Organic certified red kidney beans, cannellini beans and canned tomatoes from OrganicoGuru
* Local sea salt from Saviya Cooperative
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic certified vegan coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, desiccated coconut, raw coconut chips, and toasted coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organic
* Smoked mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, feta, cheddar, blue cheese, and aged maiajano from Maia Cheese
* Mulberry jam, papaya passion jam, narang marmalade, kumquat marmalade, naminam chutney, and tamarind chutney from Yummy Goodness
* Organic certified mango, pineapple, mixed fruit, and lime ginger juice with king coconut water from Eliya Organic
* Mango chutney from Gihan's Chutney
* Organic certified rolled oats, steel cut oats, instant oats, and oat flour from Oateo Organic
* Greek yogurt from Aeri
* Hair oil mask and under eye treatment from Esther’s
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.