Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. This week there’s a free ayurvedic self-massage workshop at 10, special programs by Colour A Dream and LEADS, and 2 stalls run by Next Campus student entrepreneurs. Hope to see you there!
10 - Free Ayurvedic self-massage workshop with Setramed Ayurveda
Dr. Palitha Serasinghe is visiting Sri Lanka and will be doing a free workshop on ayurvedic self massage at 10 am at the Colombo Good Market this Saturday. Great for people that spend long hours at a computer or in a vehicle. If you know someone suffering from body pain, please help spread the word.
10 to 12 - Chillout music and community open mic by Senses
12 to 2 - Deep house music by Gaia
2 to 3 - Live music by Jayanga
3 to 4 - R&B music by Senses
4 to 6 - Community open mic
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A13)
* Colour A Dream facilitates educational scholarships for vulnerable children. They are raising awareness and funds in Stall D10 with a photo booth, T-shirt sales and more.
* LEADS is organizing a One Team One Dream sports event for families in Trincomalee on September. They are in Stall E4 this week to spread the word about the event and raise funds through mehendi henna art.
* Cha, a student team from Next Campus, has organic tea tasting, iced fruit tea, and recycled paper cards made with tea leaves in Stall D6.
* Yum Chow, a student team from Next Campus, has a Pokestop in Stall D9 with healthy, all natural refreshments for Pokemon fans. Donate to the Lawries Home for Orphan Girls and get a complimentary origami Pikachoo.
* Phavinee's Thai Kitchen is back at the Colombo Good Market with som tam green papaya salad and kao soi kai chicken curry and rice noodles. Don’t miss Stall E4.
* Baker’s Choice has assorted bagels, classic brioche, baguettes, mixed seed ciabatta, strong malted seeded loaves, golden wholegrain loaves, fig bread, and their popular gluten-free sourdough in Stall F3. Preorder by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Poori's is serving stuffed idly, masala dosa, and other Indian favorites in Stall A2this Saturday.
* Saaraketha is giving a 25% discount on their organic certified bell peppers in Stall F4 this week.
* Cheese Buds has grilled jaffle sandwiches made with homemade cheese in Stall A9. Can’t get enough? The cheese is also available for sale.
* Sena Eco will have reed mats in Stall C4 this week.
* Raja Gedara by WE Team has traditional curd and treacle and a wide range of other local favorites in Stall D7. Proceeds go to support their social service programs.
* Far East Indonesian will be back in Stall F1 at the Colombo Good Market this Saturday. You can also find them at their amazing new outlet on Vauxhall Street.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B2. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B9.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B10.
Galle Good market
The Galle Good Market is open this Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. This week there are three new vendors, belimal popsicles, homemade playdough activities for kids, live music, and much more. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
2 to 3 - Live music by Roshan
3 to 5 - Free kids program: Natural homemade playdough
Explore a Child’s Mind event by Friendz Home and MiniMehendi World
5 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor Post Harvest Products will have karapincha porridge, rice flour biscuits, rice flour cake, kirala juice and traditional sweets and snacks in Stall D2.
* New vendor Samadhi Products will have accessories and housewares made from indikola, wetakeiya and other eco-friendly materials, traditional natural dyes, and non-toxic food dyes in Stall D2.
* New vendor Peony Gardens will have organically grown garden plants in Stall D2.
* Wasana Foods has ice-cold beli and belimal popsicles, mango, ambarella, starfruit and pineapple achcharu, imbul kiribath and plain kiribath, village-style rice & curry, kurakkan or coconut roti with spinach or potato filling and cutlets made from manioc, sweet potato, bread fruit, and ash plantain in Stall D3.
* Kanchi Crafts has a new selection of wire-wrapped seashell jewelry and handmade coconut shell jewelry in Stall B4.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, cowpea vadai, manioc and sambol, atta pancakes and kola kenda in Stall B2.
* Friendz Home in Stall D3 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Kithul Wood Designs has a new range of plant holders and flower pots made from kithul stems. Check out their full range of naturally polished kithul wood light fixtures, lamps, and other unique housewares in Stall B3.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visit www.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* MiniMehendi World is doing natural henna mehendi art in Stall D3. Free for children. Have a favorite design? Bring it with you.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C3 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* New liquid soap with lime essential oil plus oatmeal honey bath bars from Aurelia Soapworks
* New vegan ice cream and sorbet options from Carino: peanut butter fudge, vanilla chocolate chip, cookies and cream, pineapple, woodapple, beetroot and passion fruit
* Natural dog treats from The Barkery and Shampooch dog shampoo from Green Leaf Herbals
* Organic PGS rocket (arugula), mixed salad greens and spinach pesto from Uva Forest Gardens Belipola
* Fresh organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Free range eggs from Via Village and Malpotha Farm
* Laundry powder, dishwash soap, saree bags and activated carbon odor absorbers from Moonshadow
* All natural soap, shampoo, shower gel, sunscreen lotion and mosquito repellent spray from Green Leaf Herbals
* Mozarella, parmesan, feta, paneer and cheddar from Aeri
* All natural fruit yogurt (mango, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry) and plain yogurt from Senani Organics
* Organic certified chocolate coconut spread, cinnamon coconut spread, pineapple coconut spread and ginger coconut spread from Greenfield Bio Plantations
* All natural atta pita chips from Saffron Persian Delights
* Seed & nut crackers, chocolate granola, matcha granola, almond butter and cashew butter from Soul Food
* Cashew crumble and coconut crumble Hope Cookies from Sahan Sevana
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Organic certified dried fruit snacks (mango, watermelon, papaya, banana, pineapple), king coconut water, cinnamon drink, and mango juice from Govi Aruna
* Jungle bee honey, bee honey with cinnamon and bee honey with garlic from Dunvila Sustainables
* Vanilla paste, vanilla pods and vanilla extract from Ceylon Vanilla
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, creamed coconut, coconut spread, desiccated coconut and ready-to-eat toasted and plain coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Polos curry, katta sambol, lunu miris, seeni sambol, minced garlic, and red coconut sambol from Larich
* Organic certified green tea, black tea, cinnamon powder, cinnamon quills, coconut milk and organic heirloom rice (madathawalu and pachchaperumal) from Bio Foods
* Palmyrah jaggery, Northern bee honey, ghee and palmyrah syrup from Northern Palmyrah
* Organic PGS green gram, white cowpea and red cowpea from Savira Natural Foods
* Goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, quinoa and macadamia nuts from What On Earth
* Tuna cubes, barramundi, peeled prawns, crab meat and cuttlefish from Ceylon Catch
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan vendor community.