Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for August 24th is below.
* NEW: Amiron Farm has PGS organic vegetables and free range chicken and eggs from Batticaloa in stall B2.
* Buy 2 heat packs and get 10% off at Grandma’s Herbals in stall E5.
* Agromart is promoting mushroom cultivation and value added fish products from Matara in stall B10. Stop by for a mushroom grow kit, clay pot ambulthiyal, or Maldivian dried fish.
* Visit Fruitful in stall B11 to cool down with homemade ice cream or fresh fruit naarang and watermelon popsicles. They also have ice cream in compostable take away tubs.
* Dathri is in stall E3 with their creative collection of bamboo frames and wooden gift boxes.
* Vikki has naturally dyed T-shirts, tops, kids wear, and other clothing and accessories in stall E4.
* FlipYarn has launched an innovative recycling programme to collect, sanitize, and upcycle discarded flip flops (rubber slippers) into colorful sunglasses and accessories. Check it out in stall D3 or head over to theirKickstarter campaign to show your support. They will also have a collection point for your old flip flops so bring them with you to be recycled!
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Veralu dry shampoo, Avaa anti-acne cream and Nikira hair oil from Sepra Natural
* Tea tree shampoo bar, cucumber yogurt soap, coffee fusion soap, honey lavender soap, and black magic face mask from Aurelia Soapworks
* Organic certified dried papaya, pineapple, ripened jackfruit, mango, banana, young jackfruit and fruit drinks with king coconut water from Eliya Organic
* Sesame thalaguli, sesame thalakerali, sweet peanuts, and organic PGS green gram, red cowpea, white cowpea, kollu, white sesame seeds, and raw peanuts from Raja Gedara
* Kithul flour, kurakkan flour, red rice flour, white rice flour, kurakkan string hopper flour, meneri, roasted peanuts, porridge packs, habala pethi rice flakes, and tanahal from Jayadi
* Curry leaf powder, ginger powder, garlic powder, kithul flour, herbal energy drink, herbal shapeup drink, kola kanda, red rice noodles, white rice noodles, and string hoppers from Radha Lanka
* Free range PGS eggs and chicken from Amiron Farm
* Polos curry, seeni sambol, Sinhala achcharu, coconut sambol, katta sambol, lunu miris, tamarind paste, and goraka paste from Araliya Foods
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Cocoa nibs and dark chocolate with kithul jaggery or unrefined brown sugar from Serendib Chocolate
* Acai powder and matcha green tea powder from Vitawell
* Gotukola, hibiscus, garcinia cambogia, and cocoa herbal teas and jamun caffeine-free herbal coffee substitute from Lifetone by Possible Green
* Woodapple jam and organic PGS coconut from Umandawa
* Sustainably sourced Turkish almonds, hazelnuts, and walnuts from Big Borek
* Mineral water in glass water bottles from Olu Tropical Water
* Fruit yogurt, plain yogurt, plain kefir, mango kefir, and vegan chia pudding from Senani
* Calocybe indica specialty mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.