Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for August 31st is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* NEW: Janitha Ruhunu is offering linna fish ambulthiyal, thalapath fish ambulthiyal, chili fish, thalapath kirimalu, and tuna kirimalu in stall B11.
* NEW: Sustainable Living Sri Lanka will have natural bee honey, beekeeping equipment (veils, beehives, smokers), beeswax, bee pollinated coffee, coconut shell housewares, pandan reed bags, areca leaf and palmyra leaf products, and seed paper in stall E7.
* NEW: Haritha Community Products will have products from more than 250 rural producers including organic PGS fruits and vegetables, fair trade handicrafts and handloom products, and healthy food options in stall F7 and F8.
* Happy Crafts will have a new collection of handcrafted soft toys in stall B3.
* Orilka Plant Nursery has a wide range of naturally grown ornamental plants in stall C11.
* Natura Palmyra has handwoven palmrya leaf baskets from Mannar in stall C2.
* Ceylon Soap Company is introducing soap dishes made out of coconut shell and kithul wood in stall E4. They’ll also have their collection of natural soap bars, shampoo bars, and conditioner bars.
* Deen the Bookman has a fresh selection of secondhand novels, children’s books, and collectibles in stall A1.
* Amiron Farm is in stall E5 with PGS organic vegetables, free range eggs, and chicken.
* FlipYarn is collecting, sanitizing, and recycling discarded flip flops into colorful sunglasses and accessories. Stop by stall D3 to check them out or visit their Kickstarter campaign Have old flip flops? Bring them along to be upcycled!
* AthkamRoo has natural handmade reed baskets (pan watti) in stall B7.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Polos pickles from HomiePickle
* Organic certified TJC mango from Ellawala
* Buffalo curd and plain yogurt from Renusha
* Refresh, focus, energy, relax, calm and balance aromatherapy inhalers from AromaStick
* Chocolate soy milk, coffee soy milk, plain unsweetened soy milk, vegetarian burgers, and vegetarian hot dogs from Be Veg and Supersun
* Ground and whole bean coffee from Tusker Coffee
* Protein blast, almond cranberry crunch and mega omega from PowerUp 365
* Cashew cookies and coconut cookies from the team of developmentally disabled bakers at Hope Cookies
* Local sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society
* Mulberry jam, sweet chili jam, starfruit passion jam, grapefruit marmalade, and papaya chutney from Yummy Goodness
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Hydroponic mixed salad greens, rocket (arugula), and cherry tomatoes from Lanka Salad Company
* Smooth Ceylon and Indulgence coffee and Intense espresso from Soul Coffee
* Free range PGS eggs and chicken from Amiron Farm
* Naarang juice and ginger beer from Cherine's Quench
* Organic PGS cinnamon sticks and cinnamon powder from Amuura Permaculture
* Braggs organic certified apple cider vinegar from Finch Organic Health & Living
* Ice cream and vegan sorbets and sherbets from Carino
* Cleaned handella, peeled prawns, and tuna cubes from Fresh Harvest
* Classic, jaggery, frosted, and strawberry cashew-shaped cookies from Chesma's Natural Cookies
* Calocybe indica specialty mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.