Sunday Event at Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is organizing a free event at the Riyasakwala space on Sunday, August 4th from 9 am to 4 pm. There will be cooking demonstrations from Araliya Foods, food samples, recipe sharing, kids programs, and more. Stop by 137 Pannipitiya, Battaramulla this Sunday and check it out!
Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for August 3rd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* Islandoor is all about upcycling. Check out their new ponytail scarf made from offcuts in stall B4.
* Soul Food has vegan protein shakes, charcoal lemon-aid, a keto ACV hibiscus iced tea, peanut butter energy balls, almond and date energy balls, vegan parmesan cheese, and more in stall D7.
* Save Rs. 440 when you buy a bottle of coconut oil and two cans of coconut milk from Bio Foods in stall C9.
* Kingdom Toys is in stall A2 with a new selection of educational wooden toys and wooden furniture for kids.
* Fruitful is introducing passionfruit, coffee, and chocolate chip ice cream tubs this week. They’ll also have all-natural naarang, watermelon, and cucumber lime popsicles. Cool down at stall B12.
* The Bibliophile has an expanded collection of second hand books in stall D2.
* Original Source and Supply is having a one-day outlet sale with remaining stock from their previous collections. Stop by stall B9 for some great deals.
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Hydroponic cherry tomatoes from Lanka Salad Company
* Vegan cashew cheese, almond milk, chocolate and mocha oat milk, charcoal lemon-aid, vanilla and chocolate vegan cashew pudding, almond butter, cashew butter, and peanut butter from Soul Food
* Classic hummus, flavored hummus, and baked garlic chips from Innocent Foods
* Himalayan pink salt and jackfruit seed powder from Suwa
* Ginger beer and naarang juice from Cherine's Quench
* Calocybe indica specialty mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
* Kahawanu, kaluheenati, madathawalu, suwandel, kuruluthuda and pachchaperumal organic PGS rice fromSam Sarvaposha
* Tuna, peeled prawns, handella and calamari rings from Fresh Harvest
* Roasted peanuts from Moneragala social enterprise Little T's
* Original granola and peanut butter granola from 3×3 Granola
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Garlic powder, ginger powder, and curry leaf powder from Radha Lanka
* Peppermint foot scrub, kasthuri turmeric scrub and kaolin mud pack from Helinta Eco
* Organic certified moringa powder, cacao powder and coconut sugar from Greenfield Organic Life
* PGS free range chicken from Amiron Farm
* Vegetarian hot dogs, vegetarian burgers, and vegetarian sausages from Supersun
* Turkish dried apples, dried figs, dried apricots, walnuts, hazelnuts, and almonds from Big Borek
* Espresso, pure Arabica, and dark Arabica forest garden coffee from Hansa Coffee
* Vegan coconut yogurt, organic certified coconut aminos in teriyaki, garlic, and original, organic coconut cream, and organic coconut flour from Ceylon Coconut Company
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.