Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for December 14th is below.
• Choose to adopt a Sri Lankan street dog in time for the holidays. Embark is having an adoption day at the Saturday Good Market from 10:30 am to 1 pm. Stop by and help change a life of a homeless dog forever.
• NEW: Botanic Hues has clothing, bags, and accessories made using traditional hand-dyeing techniques and natural colorants from locally sourced leaves, roots, tree bark, flowers and seeds. Botanic Hues is a project by Narni Studio. Find them in stall E9.
• NEW: Cham’s Goodies specializes in baked goods made from local whole grains and detox drinks made from sustainably sourced local fruits and vegetables in stall D8.
• NEW: Rizer manufactures textiles and T-shirts from recycled PET plastic bottles. They are introducing T-shirts for men and women made with recycled PET yarn in stall B13 at the Saturday Good Market this week. Hand over at least 3 used plastic PET bottles and get a 10% discount.
• Advithiya has kaftans, ponchos, dresses, skirts, pants, tops, kurtas, shawls, scarves, hats, bags, kitchen dusters, handmade notebooks, and gift items in stall D9.
• Viveca has a new collection of reed shopping baskets, reed flower pot holders, rattan couches, rattan benches, rattan dining set and reed dressers in stall A5.
• The Clay Studio has a special collection of handmade ceramic products for Christmas including teacups, butter dishes, fruit bowls, tea pots, orange squeezers, bowls and oil burners. Find them in stall E7
• Gi’s Kitchen is offering a 15% discount for second portions of crab curry or prawn curry in stall E1.
• Sustainablee will have upcycled gift sets and sustainable gift packs, ideal for the eco-conscious traveler and for anyone who wants to kick start their zero waste lifestyle. They also have reusable gift bags and upcycled handmade gift cards. Come visit Sustainablee and ECO-V in stall F2 this Saturday for more details.
• Dunvila Sustainables is in stall B2 with jungle bees honey and organic PGS heirloom rice in both red and white varieties.
• Kingdom Toys has a new collection of wooden toys for kids in stall A2 at the Saturday Good Market this week. All toys are made from environmentally friendly rubberwood and non-toxic, child-safe paints.
• Saaraketha is offering 24% off on organic certified anoda (soursop) and watermelon in stall F4.
• Cellulose Jewellery has handcrafted paper jewelry including special jewelry for kids in stall E2.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Lightly salted cashew, plain cashew, chili roasted cashew, cinnamon roasted cashew, and cumin roasted cashew from Addictive Cashews
• Salted kithul flavored coconut chips from Don Coco
• Organic PGS heirloom pachchaperumal rice and virgin coconut oil from Mannankulam Farm
• Dark arabica, pure arabica, and espresso coffee from Hansa Ceylon
• Natural coir sponges from Eco Lanka Consultants
• Mega Omega, Protein Blast and Almond Cranberry Crunch snack blends from PowerUp 365
• Dates, atta flour, gram flour, and kurakkan flour from FoodLink
• Calamari, handella, peeled prawns, and tuna from Fresh Harvest
• Arrabbiata pizza, margherita pizza, vegetable quattro stagioni pizza, eggplant parmesan, spinach ravioli, pumpkin ravioli, cheese ravioli, pesto sauce, and tomato sauce from Dolce Italia
• Vegetarian burgers and vegetarian hot dogs from Be Veg
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Sisal soap pouch from Eco Kadé
• Pure kithul palm jaggery paste from Divine Organics
• Moringa leaf herbal tea and moringa capsules from MoriCeylon
• Holy basil tea, garcinia cambogia tea, hibiscus tea, cocoa tea, jamun herbal coffee substitute, and iramusu tea from Lifetone
• Original granola and peanut butter granola from 3x3 Granola
• Hydroponic mixed salad greens, rocket (arugula), and cherry tomatoes from Lanka Salad Company.
• Vegan almond milk, vegan protein shake, charcoal lemon-aid, vegan cashew cheese, vegan vanilla and chocolate cashew pudding, almond butter, cashew butter, and peanut butter from Soul Food.
• Free range PGS eggs from Malpotha Farms
• Acai, maca, matcha, and spirulina powders from Vitawell
• Organic certified TJC mangoes from Ellawala Organic
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.