Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for December 21st is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• NEW: Draw for Hope is an initiative to donate 500 paintings to the children’s ward of the National Cancer Institute Apeksha Hospital in Maharagama. Visit them under the nuga tree to learn more and show your support.
• NEW: Likuid Spaces is a coworking space in the heart of Colombo that focuses on community, collaboration, and creativity. They are offering a series of unique and impactful experiences in 2020 to support positive lifestyle changes related to Career, Family, Social Life, Health, and Education. Experiences make memorable and environmentally responsible gifts. Stop by stall E9 to learn more and make a booking.
• NEW: Sanara Creations will have crafts, greeting cards, and stationery from upcycled newspapers and other waste materials in stall E8.
• Herbs & Petals is introducing two new products in stall D5: Greek yogurt with granola and passion fruit and homemade ginger beer.
• Deen the Bookman will have a wide range of Christmas books and hard-to-find collectibles in stall A1.
• Rizer will be in stall E12 with their men’s and women’s T-shirts made from recycled plastic PET yarn. Hand over at least 3 used plastic PET bottles and get a 10% discount!
• Vikki is offering a special Christmas discount on select clothing and accessories made with plant-based natural dyes. Don’t miss stall E4.
• Wild Rabbits has natural vegetable spreads and sauces with local flavor: carrot spice, beetroot kochi, pumpkin garlic, and pumpkin peanut. Find them in stall B5.
• Advithiya has kaftans, ponchos, dresses, skirts, pants, kurta, tops, shawls, bags, hats, cushion covers, table runners, table mats, and napkins in stall D9. Their 50% clearance sale on selected items will continue this week.
• Viveca has a new range of dresser drawers made from wrought iron and reed in stall A5.
• Gi’s Kitchen is offering a 15% discount for second portions of crab curry and prawn curry in stall E1.
• Dunvilla Sustainables has pure jungle bee honey and red and white varieties of organic PGS heirloom rice in stall B2
• Nature Indoor has ornamental plants that make great “green pet” gifts. Check them out in stall E8.
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Cinnamon shampoo and conditioner, coconut vanilla shampoo and conditioner, tea tree face wash, cinnamon orange shower gel, natural sunscreen, and mosquito repellent spray from Green Leaf Herbals
• NEW: Cough syrup, body pain reliever, headache reliever, face scrub, and hair cream from Cocanta
• All-natural kithul treacle from Kimbula Kithul
• Turtle beans and buckwheat kernel from Bohemian Quest
• Natural hair oil and massage oil from Kavin Ceylon
• Thebu and gotukola powder and cinnamon toothpicks from Cino Ceylon
• Classic and flavored hummus from Innocent Foods
• Pecan nuts and goji berries from What on Earth
• Organic PGS heirloom pachchaperumal rice and organic virgin coconut oil from Mannankulam Farm
• Himalayan pink salt and jackfruit seed powder from Suwa
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Greek yogurt from Aeri
• Kithul jaggery, kithul treacle and sweet sesame thalaguli from Haritha Lanka Kithul
• Cacao powder, moringa powder, coconut sugar, organic green tea mint, snack bars and coconut spreads from Greenfield Organic
• Dried apricots, dried apple, almond, walnut and hazelnut from Big Borek
• Virgin coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut chips, coconut aminos and coconut syrup from Coconut Miracle
• Himalayan pink rock salt and jackfruit seeds powder from Suwa
• Cough syrup, face scrub, headache reliever, hair cream and body pain reliever from Cocanta
• Black tea chai loose, black tea plain BOP, herbal tea lemongrass from Amba Estate
• Gram flour, dried dates and atta flour from Foodlink
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.