Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for December 28th is below.
• NEW: Serendip Boutique is a social enterprise that serves Sri Lankan Tamil refugees living in India and disadvantaged rural women in Tamil Nadu. They specialize in jewelry, bags, aprons, sari blouses, table linens, candles and other handmade products. Find them in stall B2.
• Viveca is offering special discounts during this festival season for their eco-friendly rattan and reed furniture and housewares in stall A5.
• Dunvila Sustainables is in stall B2 with jungle bees honey and heirloom rice, both red and white.
• Helanta Coffee has fresh batches of sustainably sourced local coffee in stall B3.
• Eco Kade is bringing eco friendly and zero waste items including metal and bamboo straws, bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo hair brushes, glass containers, reusable cloth menstrual pads, and much more in stall E2.
• Forest Garden has spices, wild bee honey and freshly harvested greens, vegetables and fruits in stall D9.
• Ceylon Herbals has all natural cinnamon powder blends with turmeric, gotukola, garlic and more in stall B9.
• Haritha Community Products has freshly harvested organic PGS greens, vegetables and fruits in stall D2.
• Gi’s Kitchen is offering anyone that buys two portions of traditional crab and prawn curries a 15% discount on the second portion in stall E1.
• Cellulose Jewellery has new paper earrings and jewelry in stall E4.
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Plant-based food colors in spinach green, marigold yellow and paprika orange from Sprig Natural.
• Organic certified virgin coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut chips, coconut aminos and coconut syrup from Coconut Miracle.
• Za'atar seasoning and and sustainably sourced olive oil from Jordan River.
• Gram flour, atta flour, and dates from FoodLink.
• Organic certified vegan rice milk with calcium and vegan rice milk with cocoa from Riso Scotti.
• Organic certified coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, raw and toasted coconut chips, and desiccated coconut from Cocomi Bio Organic.
• Suwandel organic PGS rice from Jetwing Kaduruketha Farms.
• Green coffee bean extract, medium roast coffee, and espresso from LYBS Lanka.
• Chili roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, cinnamon roasted cashew, lightly salted cashew, and plain cashew from Addictive.
• Pine nuts, macadamia, pistachio, pecan nuts and dried goji berries from What on Earth.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Gluten-free rice and corn pasta and organic certified almond meal, quinoa, soy milk, almond milk, and oat milk from Organico Guru.
• Turmeric powder, kurakkan flour, and kithul syrup from Haritha Community Products.
• Oven dried cashew, deviled cashew, and cooking cashew from Golden Cashew.
• Local grown unrefined cane sugar from Madushani.
• Porridge packs, roasted peanuts, meneri and thanahal from Jayadi.
• Energy balls from Life's Good Kitchen.
• Cashew crumble cookies and coconut crumble cookies from Hope Cookies.
• Activated charcoal and diatomaceous earth from Shifa Natural.
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.