Colombo vendors voted for a holiday on December 31st. The Saturday Good Market at the Colombo Racecourse reopens January 7th.
The Good Market shop across from the Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard is open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.
The Galle Good Market is open 10 to 6 this Saturday. Hope to see you there!
Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. The stall layout is online here. There are three new vendors in Galle this week. Come out and show your support!
10 to 11 - Community open mic
11 to 1 - English Conversation Club with Magda for young adults interested in practicing their spoken English in a friendly and supportive group.
1 to 2 - Play for Peace by NextGEN
Local chapter of global Play for Peace movement uses cooperative play to spread compassion, respect and create non-threatening spaces for connection among children and adults.
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by Mini Mehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
6 to 7.30 - Ruhunu Ranga Soba
Come check out this amazing low-country traditional dance performance with drums, somersaults, colorful costumes, traditional masks and fire organized by the Southern Province Cultural Ministry. Great for kids and out-of-town visitors! Free admission.
* Nushra's Mehendi is new to the market. Welcome them and get an intricate henna design for the new year in Stall D6
* The Relish joins the Galle Good Market this week with their range of pickles, chutneys, jams, sauces and salsas made from local produce with no artificial additives. They donate a portion of profits to various animal welfare causes. Find them in Stall D6
* Organic upcountry vegetables, herbs and salad from Sunrise Organic Farm will be available at the Moonshadow stall A1
* Pick up some air-purifying indoor plants to add a burst of colour and life to any room from Nayana Plants in Stall C2
* Green Leaf Herbals will have their full range of shampoos, conditioners, shower gels, lotions, body scrubs, bath salts, and massage oils in Stall A5.
* Ceylon Tafel has fresh tropical fruit juice, ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets and more in Stall D4
* Kanchi Crafts is giving away free seashell earrings between December 24th and January 14th for every purchase greater than Rs. 500 in Stall A2
* Moonshadow will have a range of products from Cayambe Lanka, including stevia powder, extract and leaf; natural handmade air fresheners by Priyan; and Ecofemme washable cloth pads for women in Stall A1
* Lion Kithul Wood has a new range of kithul wood furniture in Stall D4 Ask them about their custom order options.
* Nethroo Masks has a collection of traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall D1
* Chami Foods has homemade fresh rice flour hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall C2
* Dudley Silva Batiks has a line of handmade batik dresses, wraparound skirts and tablecloths in Stall D2.
* Sevens Eco has a unique selection of locally made handloom shoes and clutches in D5
* FriendzHome in Stall D4 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more
* Kithul Wood Designs is at the Galle Good Market this week with a collection of wooden table lamps and outdoor lamps and other kithul wood items in Stall A3.
* Nidahasa has new rucksacks made from upcycled rice sacks and shawls made from upcycled sari in Stall C1. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall B1 including coffee, organic tea, organic pastas, organic spices, raw cacao, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day, across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Gram (chickpea) flour and kurakkan flour from FoodLink back in stock along with atta flour and fresh dates.
* Organic dried pineapple from Govi Aruna back in stock as well as organic dried papaya, watermelon, mango and banana.
* Chicken cookies and liver treat cookies from The Barkery make for all-natural snacks for your fur-babies
* Goji berries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, chia seeds and more from What on Earth
* Organic certified heirloom suwandel, madathawalu and pachchaperumal rice, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, black tea and green tea from Bio Foods
* Gluten-free pasta, canned tomatoes, pasta sauce, organic certified corn and potato chips, toasted sesame oil, sunflower oil, red wine vinegar and more from OrganicoGuru
* Freshly baked brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat & chocolate chip cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, and date oat bars from Milk and Honey Cafe
* Thalaguli sesame sweets, kithul jaggery, and belimal tea from Haritha Lanka
* Mozzarella, feta, cheddar, paneer and more cheeses from Lili Dairy and Aeri
* Dark chocolate, whole bean coffee, and ground coffee from Hansa Ceylon in stock
* Ghee, mustard oil, buttermilk chillies, dried Maldive fish, Gymnema tea, bees honey, panattu dried palmyrah fruit, palmyrah jaggery and more from Northern Palmyrah
* Cashew crumble and coconut crumble Hope Cookies from Sahan Sevana in stock
* Plain yoghurt and traditional buffalo milk curd from Renusha Dairy Products
* Organic coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, toasted and plain coconut chips and coconut spread from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Organic noodles and pasta, organic nutmeg chutney, organic spices, organic green curry paste and more from Ma's Foods Organic
* Sun-dried tomatoes, tahini, peanut butter, beetroot marinade, and green papaya pineapple chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
* Plain and fruit yoghurt from Senani
* Bath soaps and shampoo bar from Aurelia Soapworks
* Bath soaps, laundry powder, dish soap, hair oil, mosquito repellent, healing salve and lip balms from Moonshadow
* All natural ginger lime tonic, lemongrass mint and more beverages from SOZO Beverages
* Soy milk beverages, vegetarian “meatless meat” cocktail sausages, hot dogs, burgers and more from Supersun
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
* Sardines, tuna cubes and more sustainably harvested seafood from Ceylon Catch
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics or growth promoters from Amiron Farms
* Citronella mosquito repellent candles from Fone Candles
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan vendor community.