Good Market is Turning 7!
Good Market started on December 6, 2012 with 33 vendors. Over the past 7 years, the community has grown to nearly 1,200 social enterprises, responsible businesses, and voluntary organizations from 37 countries. The birthday celebrations are happening from 6 pm to 8 pm on Saturday, December 7th in the Racecourse Lobby. This year’s event includes an ethical fashion showcase, the annual awards ceremony, and more. All community members are welcome!
Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for December 7th is below.
• NEW: Life’s Good Kitchen offers healthy, nutritious ready-made food. This week they have fruity nut energy balls and choco nut energy balls in stall B12.
• NEW: Wadda has recycled furniture made out of recycled cargo pallets and boxes in stall B6.
• Eco-V is collecting ecobricks in stall F2. Visit them to handover completed ecobricks or to learn more about how to reduce waste and prevent non-recyclable materials from entering our oceans and landfills.
• Advithiya has a new collection of kaftans, ponchos, pants, skirts, kurtas, dresses and tops in stall D7.
• Ghedora-Connects is facilitating a collection to donate 40 gift packs to an elders’ home in Borella. You can donate pre-loved books, clothes, sarees and toys to stall D8.
• Viveca has a new collection of rattan products including lamp shades, sugar stick holders, benches, bar stools and verandah chairs in stall A4.
• Sustainablee has sustainable gift packs for the holiday season including handmade gift cards and zero waste gift options in stall F2.
• Su Art has hand painted artwork with environmental themes in stall E5.
• Gami Gedara specializes in fusion hoppers including vegetarian, egg, cheese, chicken, and prawns as well as healthy juices made with fresh fruits and herbs. Find them in stall A6.
• Sena Eco has a new collection of shoes and slippers made out of environmentally responsible materials like reed, areca leaf, and handloom cotton fabric. Drop by stall B10 to see the full range.
• Orilka Plant Nursery now has a wider range of natural containers for their potted plants. Visit them in C12.
• Hela Rasa Rasa has all natural and healthy kola kanda, traditional sweets, and wraps at stall B11.
• Dunvila Sustainables is in stall B2 with jungle bee honey and PGS organic heirloom red rice and white rice.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Kithul treacle, plain yogurt, and low sugar drinking yogurt from Kenko 1st.
• NEW: Vein cleanser from Flow Health Bar. Kombucha and basil pesto are also back in stock.
• Rice noodles, rice string hoppers, moringa string hopper flour, and kola kanda from Radha Lanka.
• Sweet mango chutney, tamarind chutney, lime and date chutney, papaya chutney, and sweet chili jam from Yummy Goodness.
• Jungle bee honey, bee honey with cinnamon, and organic PGS kahawanu rice and masuran rice from Dunvila Sustainables.
• Vegan protein shakes, charcoal lemon-aid, cashew butter, almond butter, and peanut butter from Soul Food.
• Coir pots and TODDS coir sponges from Eco Lanka Consultants.
• Point Pedro vadai, pakoda, palmyrah sugar, palmyrah jaggery, and bee honey from Northern Palmyrah.
• Laundry powder, shampoo bars, alum crystal deodorant, and upcycled saree bags from Moonshadow.
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Spiced coffee from Dulce Vi.
• NEW: Low sugar drinking yogurt from Kenko 1st.
• NEW: Reusable zero waste bag set including pocket bags and zip bags from Zero
• NEW: Mihisaru natural compost from Waste Management Authority.
• NEW: 2020 fundraising calendars from Embark.
• TODDS coir sponges from Eco Lanka Consultants.
• Dates, atta flour, gram flour, and kurakkan flour from FoodLink.
• Natural chicken and liver dog treats from The Barkery.
• All-natural floor cleaner, window cleaner, and multi-surface cleaner from Cinnasol.
• Organic PGS cinnamon sticks and cinnamon powder from Amuura.
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.