Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for February 1st is below.
• Live music performance by 5th Base from 10 am to 2 pm under the nuga tree.
• Shanthi Maargam is organizing a special event for World Hijab Day under the nuga tres
• NEW: Moksha Kombucha specializes in small-batch kombucha, a probiotic living beverage made with tea and other locally sourced ingredients. Flavor blends include cinnamon, vanilla, and orange, cardamom, clove, and nutmeg, ginger, mint, and lime, and belimal, ranawara, and kothalahimbatu. Find them in stall B6.
• NEW: Jump Books is an online bookstore with a carefully curated selection of transformative nonfiction on entrepreneurship, finance, relationships, meditation, self-help, psychology, biographies, and more. Stop by stall B6 to learn more.
• NEW: Fashion 4 Compassion sells quality secondhand clothing, shoes, and accessories and uses the proceeds to support local street dogs. They aim to raise awareness about circular fashion, encourage reuse, and reduce impulse buys, consumption, and waste. Funds are used for vaccination, sterilization, and treatment for sick and injured dogs. Show your support in stall E7.
• Dunvila Sustainables is in stall B2 with pure jungle bee honey and organic PGS heirloom rice.
• Advithiya has a new collection of kaftans, ponchos, dresses, skirts, pants, tops, kurtas, bags, hats, and shawls in stall D10.
• Yattir is back this week with their banh mi buns, healthy fried rice, hash brown potatoes, and more. Visit them in stall D9.
• Milk and Honey has savory tarts, quiches, cookies, brownies, and cakes made with whole grains, natural sweeteners, local and organic ingredients in stall D6 at the Saturday Good Market this week. Ask them about their vegan and gluten-free options.
• Nature Indoor has naturally grown indoor “plant pets” in stall B1.
• Plantation Villa is a social enterprise and specializes in ayurveda, yoga, and meditation. They have their ayurvedic detox box, weight loss pack, aches and pains pack, and much more in stall A8.
• Friends' Organics has freshly harvested organic PGS vegetables, leafy greens, coconut, king coconut, and fruit in stall F1.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Compostable plant-based dental floss, dental floss refills, and sisal soap pouches from Eco Kade
• NEW: Rice flour bread made with organic certified suwandel and kalu heenati from Saaraketha
• Mulberry jam, sweet chili jam, orange marmalade, tamarind chutney, and lime and date chutney from Yummy Goodness
• Natural under eye oil and natural hair oil from Esther
• Braggs organic certified apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast from Finch Trading
• Organic certified raw coconut flakes, toasted coconut flakes, coconut flour, virgin coconut oil, and coconut vinegar from Coconut Miracle
• Smooth and crunchy peanut butter, creamy pumpkin soup, and whole spices like nutmeg and cloves from Ma's Kitchen
• Suwandel rice noodles, rice string hoppers, herbal shape up drink, and kola kanda from Radha Lanka
• Laundry powder, laundry soap, dishwash soap, lemongrass body bar, baby soap, and alum crystal deodorant from Moonshadow
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Rice flour bread with organic certified suwandel and kalu heenati from Saaraketha
• Natural cashew-shaped cookies in classic, jaggery, frosted, and strawberry from Chesma's Natural Cookies
• Reusable produce bags from Rice & Carry
• Organic certified oat flour, steel-cut oats, rolled oats, and instant oats from Oateo Organic
• Classic, turmeric, and masala spice kombucha, and green tea jun from Laa Dhalu
• Laundry powder, laundry soap, dishwash soap, cinnamon clove body bar, peppermint sandalwood body bar, lavender body bar, and lemongrass body bar from Moonshadow
• Unsweetened soy milk from Be Veg and and Supersun vegetarian sausages
• Natural cheddar cheese, paneer, and butter from Lili Dairy
• Cleaned handella, peeled prawns, crab meat, and sustainably sourced tuna from Fresh Harvest
• Free-range PGS eggs from Malpotha Farms and Amiron Farms
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.