saturday good market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for February 22nd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• 5th Base is performing live music from 10am to 2pm.
• NEW: Green Lanka Kithul has locally sourced kithul treacle, kithul jaggery, kithul sweets in stall E8.
• NEW: Lassana Kolonnawa produces paper bags from old newspaper, cups from coconut shells, and housewares from recycled waste materials. Find them at stall E10.
• Advithiya has kaftans, ponchos, kurtas, skirts, pants, dresses, tops, hats & bags, scarves & shawls at stall D10.
• Athkam Nirmana has eco friendly and handcrafted crafts collection of reed baskets, lanterns, souvenirs, household items, etc. at stall E4.
• Saduni Batik has a new range of batik voile sarees and other batik dresses at stall E5.
• Dunvila Sustainables has jungle honey and heirloom rice in stall B2.
• Sustainablee has a range of personal care items, aromatherapy sets, natural sandalwood cleanser, and sustainable travel gift packs. Make your next gift something local and sustainable. Also don't forget to bring your Eco Bricks and if you want to know more, drop into our stall this Saturday at stall F1.
• Eco Kade has eco friendly and zero waste options including metal and bamboo straws, bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo hair brushes, glass containers, reusable menstrual pads and much more at stall E2.
• Ayubo Tea has herbal blends, including bael flower (belimal), sarsaparilla (irumusu), mountain knotgrass (polpala), Tanner's cassia (ranawara), gotukola, ginger coriander, ginger lemongrass, garcinia mint, bitter melon and green tea, and Ceylon cinnamon in stall E6.
• The Clay Studio has a big range of new products such as teacups, butter dishes, fruit bowls, tea pots, orange squeezers, bowls, and oil burners in stall B5.
Good market battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Mixed nut mega omega, almond cranberry, and mixed nut protein blast by PowerUp 365
• Coffee ground smooth, coffee ground indulgence, and coffee ground espresso from Soul Coffee
• Matcha tea powder, maca powder, acai powder and spirulina powder from Vitawell
• Organic PGS virgin coconut oil and organic certified pachchaperumal rice from Mannankulam Farm
• Reusable shopping bags by Cally
• Porridge pack, kurakkan flour, meneri, thanahal, rice flakes, and roasted peanuts from Jayadi
• Mango chutney from Gihan's Chutney
• Toilet papers from Jetwing
• Arabica coffee beans and coffee ground from Tusker Coffee
Good market reid avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Cockroach and bed bug controller from Eco Earth
• NEW: Red and white instant string hoppers from Rajarata string hoppers
• Kithul palm jaggery from DivineOrganics
• Organic PGS papaya, passionfruit, lemon, seeni banana, ambul banana, lemon, goraka thakkali, and pani dodam from Bee Green
• Salted kithul toasted coconut chips from Don Coco
• Natural coir sponge from Eco Lanka Consultants
• Holy basil tea, garcinia cambogia tea, hibiscus tea, cocoa tea, jamun coffee and iramusu tea from Lifetone
• Organic certified coconut milk drink, coconut chips raw and toasted from Cocomi Bio Organic
• Homemade ginger beer from Fruitful
• Mihisaru natural compost from Waste Management Authority
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.