Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for January 18th is below.
• Live blues, reggae, and folk music performance by Scott Hildebrand Music from 11 am to 1 pm under the nuga tree.
• NEW: Shade House creates custom lampshades, table lamps, and wall lamps and repairs and refurbishes existing lampshades and lamps at affordable rates. Find them in stall A9.
• NEW: Plateau de Gourmet specializes in quality dips and platters made from natural, sustainably sourced ingredients. This week they’ve got Sundried Tomato, Shiitake Mushroom, Asparagus, and Baked Crab dips in stall B1.
• Gi’s Kitchen has a special offer in stall E1 this week. Buy two portions of traditional crab or prawn curry and get a 15% discount on the second portion.
• Good Food Naturals has morning breakfast options, including polos sausages, and village style rice and curry in stall A5.
• Vikki is in stall E4 with a new collection of naturally dyed tops, T-shirts, bags, and hair accessories.
• Dunvila Sustainables has jungle bee honey and organic PGS heirloom rice in stall B2.
• Pinkbug specializes in furniture, storage containers, and housewares from natural, environmentally responsible materials. Find them in stall B7.
• Sri Luck Organic Farm has freshly harvested organic PGS fruits and vegetables in stall A10.
• Fruitful has naarang, watermelon, and ambarella fruit popsicles and homemade chocolate, honey peanut, and passion fruit ice cream this week. Beat the heat at stall B10.
• Sanara Creations has crafts, greeting cards, and stationery from upcycled newspapers and other waste materials in stall E2.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Polos curry, mango curry, Jaffna lime pickle, brinjal pickle, Sinhala achcharu, katta sambol, and lunu miris from Araliya Foods
• Organic certified dried fruit snacks and mango, ginger lime, and mixed fruit juices with king coconut water by Eliya
• Almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, vegan protein shakes, and chocolate cashew pudding from Soul Food
• Ginger kombucha, spice one kombucha, turmeric kombucha, and green tea jun from Laa Dhalu
• Cashew crumbles and coconut crumbles from Hope Cookies
• Smooth medium roast, Indulgence dark roast, and Espresso roast from Soul Coffee
• Natural herbal hair oil from Kavin Ceylon
• Natural granule fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, coir pouches, and soil substrata for organic home gardening from Eco Greener
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Matcha green tea powder from Bohemian Quest
• NEW: Dental floss refills from Eco Kade
• Thebu powder, gotukola powder and cinnamon toothpicks from Cino Ceylon
• Dried mushrooms from Agromart
• Organic certified virgin coconut oil, coconut flour, coconut chips, coconut aminos, and coconut syrup from Coconut Miracle
• Holy basil tea, garcinia cambogia tea, hibiscus tea, iramusu tea, cocoa tea, and jamun herbal coffee substitute from Lifetone
• TODDS compostable coir scrubs from Eco Lanka Consultants (No more plastic sponges!)
• Cough syrup, body pain reliever, headache reliever, face scrub, and hair cream from Cocanta
• Cashew crumbles cookies and coconut crumbles cookies from Hope Cookies
• Activated charcoal powder from Shifa Natura
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.