Saturday Good market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for January 4th is below.
• Rizer is in stall B6 with their collection of men’s and women’s T-shirts made with recycled PET yarn at the Saturday Good Market this week. Hand over at least 3 used plastic PET bottles and get a 10% discount.
• Elysian turns scrap wire into beautiful handmade jewelry pieces. Find them in stall E4
• Viveca has new sofas, fruit baskets, flower pot holders, and side tables made from reed, rattan, and cane in stall A2. They also take custom orders.
• Plusarch Upcycle uses paper waste to create handmade upcycled jewelry. Visit stall B4 for a unique collection of necklaces, earrings, and bangles.
• Parkville is having wooden sunglasses, eyeglass frames, and affordable flat-pack furniture made from local rubberwood in stall D2.
• Katana Upcycle has pouches, book covers, clutches, purses, and more made from upcycled plastic waste materials. Stop by stall B2 to learn more.
• Jeewa’s popular polos wraps, polos burgers, air-friend polos cutlets, soya roti, and village-style rice and curry is available in stall C7.
• AthkamRoo is having Bali style woven handbag made from bamboo and cane in stall E3.
• Dunvila Sustainables has pure jungle bee honey and organic PGS rice in stall B2.
• Gi’s Kitchen has a special offer in stall E1 this week. Buy two portions of traditional crab or prawn curry and get a 15% discount on the second portion.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Peppermint, tea tree, clove bud, lavender, cinnamon bark, and citronella essential oils and roll-ons from Cliara
• Laundry powder, hand wash, charcoal soap, honey rose soap, and lemongrass soap from Helinta Eco
• Peanut butter, tahini, sun-dried tomato marinade, chili jam, and pineapple green papaya chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
• Braggs nutritional yeast and organic certified apple cider vinegar from Finch Organic Health and Living
• Organic certified dried mango, pineapple, and ripe jackfruit snacks and dehydrated young jackfruit from Eliya Organic
• Maca powder, matcha powder, acai powder, and spirulina powder from Vitawell
• Stainless steel straws, bamboo straws, straw cleaners, and straw pouches from Eco Kade
• Tamarind drink, passion narang, ginger lime tonic, lime crush, and lemon iced tea from SOZO
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Homemade ginger beer from Fruitful
• NEW: Hand wash and laundry powder from Helinta Eco
• Green coffee bean extract, medium roast coffee, and espresso from LYBS Lanka
• Coconut sambol, katta sambol, seeni sambol, lunu miris, lime pickle, mango pickle, chili fried ambarella, tamarind paste, goraka paste, minced garlic, and minced ginger from Larich
• Gluten-free buckwheat pasta spirals and rice and corn penne, organic certified red kidney beans, canned tomatoes, and cannellini beans from Organico Guru
• Organic PGS fresh coconut from Binuka Organics
• Thalguli sesame sweets, peanut sweets, rulang semolina sweets, kithul jaggery, red rice flour, and white rice flour from Raja Gedara
• Zero waste menstrual moon cups and hard wax for hair removal from Kiseki
• Mineral water in glass bottles from Olu Tropical Water
• Liver bites and chicken nibbles natural dog treats from The Barkery
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.