Saturday Good Market
Happy New Year! The Saturday Good Market event is open from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for the first event of 2019 is below.
10 am - 11 am Good Market Kids
Kids of all ages are invited to meet at the Information Stall for a session of fun and interactive learning and play.
10 am - 6 pm #MeForYou Collection Point
Bring your donations for families affected by the storms and flooding in the north to the #MeForYou stall under the nuga tree. Contact Senani for more details 0772072350.
* New vendor Sumaa is offering cinnamon health drinks and pure cinnamon powder from their own farm in Ratnapura. Find them in Stall E10.
* Ceylon Coconut Company is offering a 10% discount on all of their organic coconut products in Stall D7 this week.
* Thuru Viyana is now offering environmentally responsible landscaping services. They can help with flower gardens, vegetable gardens, lawn care, and more. Visit them in Stall D4 at the Saturday Good Market or contact them at 0722624365 for more details.
* Rabeena is offering samples in Stall F2. Stop by and taste the bottled seeni sambol, katta sambol, pickles, chutneys, mallum, and curries that they produce for the export market
* Baker’s Choice will be back in Stall F1 with a selection of freshly baked bread.
* Fruitful has mango, passion fruit, and watermelon popsicles and homemade mango, passion fruit, and chocolate ice cream in Stall B11.
* Wax Craqqs, formerly known as Pras & Danties, will have locally made batik swimwear, workout wear, clothing, and accessories in Stall D8 this week.
Good MarKet Shop
Good Market is opening in Battaramulla in January! The new location will be open the same hours as Reid Avenue (every day from 8 am to 8 pm) and has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with friends and family. More details coming soon.
The Good Market organic and natural food shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 120 Good Market approved vendors. This week’s deliveries include...
* Organic certified rolled oats, steel cut oats, instant oats, and oat flour from Oateo Organic
BACK IN STOCK
* Natural laundry powder and baby salve from Moonshadow
* Dark chocolate with kithul jaggery or brown sugar from Hansa Ceylon
* PGS verified free range eggs from Malpotha Farms
* Small batch mango chutney from Gihan’s
* Organic cinnamon powder and quills from Amuura Permaculture Garden
* Organic cloves and cardamom from Ma’s Kitchen
* Braggs organic apple cider vinegar from Finch Organic Health & Living
* Pure bee honey from Dunvila Sustainables
* Mango ginger jam and passion vanilla jam from Amba Estate
* Organic cacao powder from Greenfield Organic Life
* Pumpkin seeds and kasa kasa basil seeds from Thulsi Superseeds
* Kaolin mud pack from Helinta Eco
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.