Car Free CMB this Sunday!
The first edition of Car Free CMB is happening this Sunday, July 14th from 6 am to noon between Independence Avenue and Viharamahadevi Park! Come check it out!
Saturday GOOD MARKET
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for July 13th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* NEW: Islandoor is introducing their upcycled clothing and shoes collection in stall B1. Check out their shirts, shirt dresses, kaftan shirts, and Moana sliders
* NEW: Blue Ribbon has all natural chutneys, jams, traditional Sri Lankan sweets, and fresh fruit juices in stall B6. Profits go to animal welfare services
* NEW: Rubees has pure bee honey and bee honey with cinnamon, garlic, almonds, or honeycomb in stall E3
* NEW: Padmavathi is a women's clothing brand that celebrates and supports hard-working, dedicated women. They are launching a collection of tops, cotton and linen trousers, dresses, and skirts in stall E7.
* NEW: Chibby’s Friends is having a thrift sale to raise funds for children suffering from long-term illness. Stop by stall D7 to find some great pre-loved shoes, bags, toys, books, accessories, CDs, DVDs, and household items
* Hatton National Bank is promoting MOMO and credit card facilities from 9 to 5 under the nuga tree area. They are also offering a mobile ATM.
* AthkamRoo has baskets, bins, containers, and bags that are handwoven from natural, local materials. Find them in stall B8.
* The Clay House is introducing a new collection of clay flower vases and taking orders for clay buffet sets in stall B3.
* Saduni Batik has a new collection of batik dresses and sari in stall B6. They also take orders for customized batik designs. Custom orders can be collected at the Good Market the following week.
* Fruitful has passion fruit ice cream, kiri kopi ice cream, and natural watermelon popsicles this week. Cool down in stall B10.
Good Market reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Organic certified cashew, pineapple coconut trail mix from Greenfield Organic Life
* Organic certified TJC mango from Ellawala Organic
* Natural yogurt from Baby Valentina
* Deodorant crystals from Sustainablee
* Laundry powder, laundry soap, dishwash soap, cinnamon clove body bar, peppermint sandalwood body bar, lavender body bar, and lemongrass body bar from Moonshadow
* Bee honey from Elixir of Life
* Almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter, almond milk, cashew milk, charcoal lemon-aid, chocolate oat milk, mocha oat milk, and cashew pudding in vanilla or chocolate from Soul Food
* Organic certified Melo Mint, Lemongrass, and Classic king coconut water from August Water
* Organic certified soy milk and almond milk from Organico Guru
* Medium roast and espresso roast whole bean and ground coffee from LYBS
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Save money and the planet with reusable cloth sanitary pads from Momiji Natural
* Lemongrass lotion, lotus lotion, peppermint foot scrub, kaolin mud pack, and kasthuri turmeric scrub from Helinta Eco
* Plain kefir, mango kefir, plain yogurt, fruit yogurt, and chia pudding from Senani
* Turkish hummus, hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, dried apricots, figs, and apples from Big Borek
* Organic certified coconut sugar, moringa powder, and cacao powder from Greenfield Organic Life
* Himalayan pink salt from What on Earth
* Passion narang, pani dodang sea salt, hibiscus, lime crush, tamarind, lemon iced tea and ginger lime tonic fromSOZO
* Plant based food coloring in spinach green, marigold yellow and paprika orange from Sprig Natural
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.