Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. There are 6 new vendors and special events by Sing Gloria and Voice Walk this week. Hope to see you there!
10 to 1 - Chill out music and community open mic with Senses
1 to 3 - Deep house music by Isuru
3 to 4 - Live music by Senod
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure by ECO-V (meet in A12)
4 to 6 - Chill out music and community open mic with Senses
* Sing Gloria! will be selling tickets for their July 30th fundraiser concert and raising awareness about child sexual abuse in Stall B11. Ticket sales will benefit LEADS and Emerge.
* Voice Foundation will be in Stall D4 raising funds for their annual Voice Walk against child abuse on October 15th. They will have second-hand clothing and goods at great prices, Voice Walk pens, key tags, umbrellas and more.
* New vendor Poori's will have healthy atta chapati wraps in Stall A10
* New vendor Delande will have bags and accessories made from batik off-cuts by women in Moratuwa to support children's education. Find them in Stall B4
* New vendor Lakdiv will have Sri Lankan curry pastes, pickles, and sambols in Stall E5 to help busy families quickly prepare all natural and healthy meals
* New vendor Korean Honey Cookie will have Yakgwa traditional Korean sweets made in an air fryer with organic whole wheat flour in Stall B3. Their stall aims to share Korean culture and food with Sri Lankan friends. Proceeds will go to support a local orphanage.
* New vendor Nihandajeewa will have drawings and paintings in Stall E5 that focus on environmental protection and Sri Lankan heritage.
* New vendor Dine Cart will have roasted and raw cashew from Puttalam in Stall B2
* Saaraketha Organic is offering a 15% discount on organic certified papya from Kilinochchi in Stall F4 this week.
* Intercoir is back with a new selection of garden pots and topiary made from coir coconut fiber and natural latex rubber. Visit Stall C10 to check out their options for custom woven coir mats and carpeting for indoor and outdoor use.
* Check out the “4 elements” of Secret Garden in Stall B10 and pick up a cacti or succulent for your home or office. Ask about their July dyckia promotion.
* Sunrise Organic Farm will be back in Stall D6 with a fresh selection of organic herbs and upcountry vegetables from their Nuwara Eliya farm.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* ECO-V has sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, organic seedlings, gardening supplies and more in Stall A12.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall E2. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta. The eco-friendly talipot leaf packaging is made by Good Market vendor Dambadeniya Exports.
* Selyn Fair Trade will have a fresh selection of WFTO fair trade guaranteed handloom sarong, shawls, cushion covers, and toys to Stall C8. Great gift options!
* Relaxations for All has guided relaxation audio recordings for children and adults in Stall B2. “Brighter Future for Children” was developed after a 2-year study to help children with relaxation for exams, sports, and other events.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana and grape extract in Stall A9. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables and can help regulate cholesterol and high blood sugar and strengthen the immune system.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12
Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. There are 4 new vendors this week and 5 stalls with ready-to-eat food and drinks. Hooping from 12 to 2 and free mehendi for kids from 3 to 4. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Hooping with Mike & Camilla in Court Square. Free and open to all ages. Come play!
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World. Volunteers welcome to join.
4 to 6 - Chill out music by Minushka
* New vendor Friends Home will have second-hand goods in Stall B3. If you have clothing, toys, housewares, books or other second-hand goods to sell, you can bring them to the Galle Good Market this week. Sales go to support a child with special needs.
* New vendor Chami Foods will have pittu, rice flour roti, cowpea vade, welithalapa, Sinhala pickle, rice flour pancake, kunisso sambol, polos cutlet, manioc cutlet, kola kenda, rice and curry with red rice and vegetables and kokis in Stall C1.
* New vendor MiniMehendi World will be doing natural henna mehendi art in Stall B3.
* New vendor Ranjan Products will have kawum, mung kawum, kokis, rulan aluwa, wandu appa, hoppers, kurakkan agala, achcharu (mango, veralu, ambarella, polos), polos manioc cutlet, and parippu wade in Stall C1.
* Wasana Foods has fresh milk with jaggery, juices and pudding made from local village fruits and king coconut, and healthy lunch options in Stall B3. Stop by in the afternoon for grilled panini and vegetable soup
* Dudley Silva Batiks has handmade batik clothing and housewares in Stall C2.
* Sewitha has kithul flour yogurt, kanda, pudding, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall C3.
* Nethroo has traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall C1.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Singeethi has kurukkan kokis, belimal herbal tea and more in Stall B2.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* Lion Kithul Wood has a new selection of naturally polished kithul wood housewares in Stall B5.
* Imaduwa Lace has handmade beeralu lace clothing, accessories, and housewares in Stall B4.
* Sevens has terracotta jewelry, handloom shoes, sandals, bags and more in Stall B5.
* Kanchi Crafts has a new collection of coconut shell pendants, rings, and other handmade jewelry in Stall B4.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions below? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* NEW: Affordable artisanal soaps from Aurelia Soapworks: unscented, oatmeal honey, oatmeal milk & cucumber yogurt.
* NEW: Raw organic PGS cashew nut from Asgiriya Estate in Puttalam
* NEW: Organic certified turmeric powder, cinnamon powder, cinnamon sticks, rice flour and pachchaperumal & madathawalu heirloom rice from Bio Foods
* Free range eggs from Via Village Vavuniya
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Go Organic Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad greens and rocket leaves from Uva Forest Gardens
* Blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, mango and passion fruit yogurt from Senani
* Natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society
* Iced chai latte, lemongrass ginger, cinnamon lime & rose hibiscus iced tea from SOZO
* Organic certified snack bar varieties (pineapple, mango, banana, fruit & nut, and cacao) from Greenfield Organic Life
* Paneer, mozzarella, feta, cheddar and parmesan cheese from Aeri
* All natural plain yogurt and buffalo curd from Renuka
* Papaya chutney and other local jams, marmalades and chutneys made from sustainably sourced ingredients by Yummy Goodness
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, desiccated coconut, coconut milk powder and creamed coconut from Cocomi Bio Organic
* Organic certified ready-to-eat soups (tom kha, vegetable mulligatawny, garlic & gotukola, mango & mustard) from Ma's Foods
* Gherkin pickles in natural vinegar from Govi Aruna
* Basil pesto and kombucha from Flow Health Bar
* Natural ice cream and vegan sorbet from Carino
* Organic PGS sesame seeds, raw peanuts, kollu and moringa leaf powder from Savira
* Quinoa seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, pine nuts, goji berries and pecan from What On Earth
* Natural laundry powder and dishwash soap from Moonshadow
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan community.