Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for July 20th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* NEW: Agromart is joining the Good Market this week with mushrooms, Maldive fish, and clay pot ambulthiyal from Matara. Learn more about their work in stall B4.
* Chibby’s Friends is having a thrift sale to raise funds for children suffering from long-term illness. Stop by stall D10 to find some great pre-loved shoes, bags, toys, books, accessories, CDs, DVDs, and household items.
* The Clay House is introducing a new range of terracotta clay mugs in stall E1 this week. They are also taking custom orders for clay buffet sets.
* Binuka Organic has a fresh harvest of organic PGS fruits, vegetables, and natural kithul syrup and jaggery in stall A6.
* I Am Upcycled is back at the Saturday Good Market with their range of GoodVibes wood products, vases, containers, paper bags, and more in stall E4.
* The Clay Studio has a new ceramic collection with teacups, plates, square curry bowls, jugs, and toothbrush holders in stall B6.
* Advithiya is back with a new collection of kurtas, pants, dresses, tops, and sleepwear. They are offering free pouches with each purchase and 20% off on selected ponchos, kaftans, dresses, pants, skirts, bags, and handmade notebooks in stall D4.
* Islandoor is offering a 25% discount on new Moana slider sandals when you give them a pair of used denim jeans! Find them at stall B11.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Nutritional yeast and organic apple cider vinegar from Finch Organic Health & Living
* Feta, cheddar, smoked mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, queen blue cheese, and aged Maiajano from Maia Cheese
* Original granola and peanut butter granola from 3×3 Granola
* Organic certified original, teriyaki, and garlic coconut aminos, coconut cream, coconut flour and coconut sugar from Ceylon Coconut Company
* Pachchaperumal, kaluheenati, kuruluthuda, madathawalu, suwandel and ran kahawanu organic PGS heirloom rice from Sam Sarvaposha
* Organic certified extra virgin olive oil, toasted sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, soy milk, and unsweetened almond milk from OrganicoGuru
* Roasted peanuts, tanahal, meneri, porridge packets, and kurakkan flour from Jayadi
* Citronella, peppermint, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus, and lavender essential oil from Cliara
* Natural laundry soap and liquid hand wash from Aurelia Soapworks
Good market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Organic certified coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, raw and toasted coconut chips, and desiccated coconut from Cocomi Bio Organic
* Free range PGS eggs from Malpotha Farms
* Organic certified banana flour, spicy dried mango and spicy dried pineapple from Green Valley Essentials
* Bee honey, palmyrah syrup, palmyrah jaggery, palmyrah sugar candy, ghee, sesame oil and mustard oil fromNorthern Palmyrah
* Organic certified dried papaya, pineapple, banana, mango, ripe jackfruit, young jackfruit and fruit drinks with king coconut water from Eliya Organic
* Plain yogurt and curd from Renusha
* Organic certified coconut milk from Greenfield Organic Life
* Cashew shaped cookies in plain, jaggery, and strawberry from Chesma's Natural Cookies
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.