Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Fresh hoppers are available all day, and MiniMehendi World is doing free mehendi for kids from 3 to 4. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World. Volunteers welcome to join.
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Reduce, reuse, recycle! Do you have quality used clothing, toys, housewares, books or other second-hand goods? Bring them to Friends Home in Stall B3 and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Hussain Antiques is back with refurbished brassware in Stall B4.
* Wasana Foods has kolakanda, a local green smoothie made from homegarden plants, a healthy rice and curry lunch, grilled panini and vegetable soup, and fresh juice made from king coconut and village fruits. Don’t miss Stall B3.
* Dudley Silva Batiks has handmade batik clothing and housewares in Stall C2.
* Chami Foods has pittu, rice flour roti, cowpea vade, welithalapa, Sinhala pickle, rice flour pancakes, kunisso sambol, polos cutlet, manioc cutlet, kola kenda, rice and curry with red rice and vegetables, and kokis in Stall C1.
* MiniMehendi World will be doing natural henna mehendi art in Stall B3.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1.
* Ranjan Products has fresh hoppers, achcharu and traditional sweets and snacks in Stall C1.
* Nethroo has traditional wooden paintings and masks in Stall C1.
* Singeethi has kurukkan kokis, belimal herbal tea and more in Stall B2.
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* Lion Kithul Wood has a new selection of naturally polished kithul wood housewares in Stall B5.
* K&D Lace Creations has handmade beeralu lace clothing, accessories, and housewares in Stall B4.
* Sevens has terracotta jewelry, handloom shoes, sandals, bags and more in Stall B5.
* Kanchi Crafts has a new collection of coconut shell pendants, rings, and other handmade jewelry in Stall B4.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions below? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. Lots of new vendors the past few weeks. Hope to see you there!
10 to 1 - Chill out music and community open mic with Senses
1 to 3 - Deep house music by Isuru
3 to 3:30 - Live music by Jayanga
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure by ECO-V (meet in A12)
4 to 6 - Chill out music and community open mic with Senses
* From Darkness to Light is working to prevent suicide and eliminate the stigma of mental illness. Visit them under the nuga tree to learn more about their activities and support the cause by purchasing a hand-painted mug.
* National Craft Council is highlighting Western Province crafts this week. Stop by Stall C1/C2 to meet the artisans and see their range of musical instruments, wood carvings, batik, traditional paintings, and more
* SOZO has their popular iced teas and herbal elixirs at the Colombo Good Market this week. Visit Stall D6 to sample their iced chai latte, rose hibiscus, lemongrass mint, cinnamon lime, ginger beer with lemongrass, and new lime crush.
* Poori's has healthy Indian dishes and atta chapati wraps in Stall C9.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Saaraketha Organic has a special offer on PGS certified free range eggs this week. Buy two boxes and get 10% off in Stall F4.
* Dine Cart has roasted and raw cashew from Puttalam in Stall B2
* Secret Garden is introducing their Café Collection of cacti, aloe, and other succulents in Stall B10 this week.
* ECO-V has sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, organic seedlings and seeds, vermiwash liquid fertilizer and more in Stall A12.
* Buluwala Herbals has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B2. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Sunrise Organic Farm will be in Stall D5 with a fresh selection of organic herbs and upcountry vegetables from their Nuwara Eliya farm.
* Relaxations for All has guided relaxation audio recordings for children and adults in Stall B2. “Brighter Future for Children” was developed after a 2-year study to help children with relaxation for exams, sports, and other events.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana and grape extract in Stall A9. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables and can help regulate cholesterol and high blood sugar and strengthen the immune system.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Organic certified coconut sugar, snack bars, dried fruits, tea, and spices from Greenfield Bio Plantations
* Organic certified cinnamon quills, cinnamon powder, turmeric powder, red rice flour, coconut milk, and heirloom rice from Bio Foods
* Organic PGS mixed salad leaves and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Organic certified baby spinach from Go Organic Nature Farms
* PGS certified free range eggs from Via Village and Malpotha Farms
* All natural plain yogurt and buffalo curd from Renuka
* Pure bee honey and kithul syrup from Rainforest Foods
* Traditional thalguli sesame snacks and kithul jaggery palm sugar from Haritha Lanka
* All natural almond butter, cashew butter, chocolate granola and matcha granola from Soul Food
* Mango ginger jam and passion vanilla jams from Amba Estate
* Basil pesto and kombucha from Flow Health Bar
* All natural roasted cashews from Addictive
* Lime crush, rose hibiscus, lemongrass mint herbal elixirs and iced chai latte from SOZO
* Strawberry and mango yogurt drinks from Frutty Fro Yo
* Organic PGS sesame seeds, raw peanuts, moringa leaf powder, kollu, green gram, red cowpea and white cowpea from Savira Natural Foods
* Quinoa, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, goji berries and pecan nuts from What On Earth
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, desiccated coconut, coconut milk powder, creamed coconut and coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organics
* All natural chicken from Amiron Farms
* Recycled paper pencils from Sri Mayura
* All natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society
* Natural laundry powder and dishwash soap from Moonshadow
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.