Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for July 27th is below.
* NEW: Viveca has been producing naturally woven furniture, home, and lifestyle products for export since 1994. They will be in stall A8 at the Saturday Good Market for the first time this week with chairs, stools, dressers, racks, baskets, umbrella holders, lamp shades, bags, mats, blinds, and more made from cane, rattan, and reed.
* NEW: Island Malay Pickle is introducing their homemade, all natural Malay pickle in stall B11.
* NEW: Emily is bring their collection of unique soft toys and block-printed garments to stall B3 at the Saturday Good Market. They also have upcycled fabric accessories made from materials sourced from local garment manufacturers.
* Manga’s has a range of creative upcycled jewellery, bags and paintings in stall B7.
* Hela Rasa Rasa is in stall E4 with their delicious range of homemade kanji porridge, traditional sweets, and wraps.
* Deen the Bookman has a new collection of pre-loved novels, children’s books and more in stall A1.
* Vikki has a new collection of naturally dyed fabric necklaces and bracelets in stall B6. They are also offering a 30% discount on select clothing and a 20% discount for accessories.
* Cellulose Jewellery is adding new upcycled paper jewelry designs made with egg cartons and dried flowers. Check them out in stall B4.
* Get a 25% discount on new Islandoor slider sandals by giving them your pre-loved denim jeans. Find Islandoor’s entire range of upcycled clothing, shoes, and accessories in stall E2.
* AthkamRoo is introducing a new line of wedding cake bags made out of burlap fabric in stall E3.
* The Clay House is offering 35% off on water filters to make room for new stock. Find them in stall B10.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic certified pineapple, guava, small red onion, and big onion from Saaraketha
* Organic certified potato from Go Organic - Nature Farms
* Free range eggs and chicken from Amiron Farm
* Local black coffee with ginger, cardamom, and coriander from Ceylon Herbal Coffee
* Pure kithul syrup, kithul jaggery and thalaguli sesame sweets from Haritha Lanka Kithul
* Pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, basil seeds, black sesame seeds, flax seeds, foxtail millet, kodo millet, and Himalayan pink salt from Thulsi Superseeds
* Cooking cashew, deviled cashew, and oven-dried cashew from Golden Cashew
* Organic certified cashew trail mix, snack bars in cacao, pineapple, mango, banana, and fruit and nut, herbal tea in Sleep, Peace, and Cleanse from Greenfield Organic Life
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic PGS watermelon, gotukola, pumpkin, okra, brinjal, green chili, thumba karawila, and bitter gourd fromKenko 1st
* Classic hummus, caramelized onion hummus, hazelnuts, walnuts, dried apricot, dried fig, almonds, and apple drinkd from Big Borek
* Naturally flavored strawberry yogurt drink, mango yogurt drink, and plain unsweetened Greek yogurt from Frutty Fro Yo
* Plain, all natural yogurt from Baby Valentina
* Sun-dried tomato, sun-dried tomato in marinade, sun-dried beetroot in marinade, peanut butter, and tahini from Rangala House Gourmet
* Papaya passion vanilla jam, mango ginger jam, mustard cream, spiced chai and broken orange pekoe from Amba Estate
* Smooth Ceylon, intense espresso and indulgence from Soul Coffee
* Feta, cheddar, smoked mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, queen blue cheese, and Maiajano from Maia Cheese
* Organic certified TJC mango from Ellawala
* Za’atar and olive oil sustainably sourced from Jordan River
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.