Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for June 22nd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* Environmentalist Kanchana Weerakoon from ECO-V and Edible Routes Foundation is organizing a public awareness session on how to beat indoor air pollution from 12 to 2 pm under the nuga tree.
* Pedals Footwear is bringing back the classics. Stop by Stall B11 to see their range of handloom sandals, flats, and wedges.
* AthkamRoo has a new range of handwoven wedding cake boxes starting from Rs. 45. Visit Stall B4 to learn more about custom order options.
* Dunvila Sustainables has pure jungle bee honey, bee honey with garlic, bee honey with organic cinnamon, and rath heenati, pachchaperumal, red basmathi, and white kahawanu organic PGS heirloom rice in Stall B5.
* Kenko 1st has a fresh stock of pure kithul syrup, garlic in bee honey, and organic PGS tomatoes in Stall D7.
* Ceysalt has gift sets, shea butter, and special limited edition soaps and scrubs in Stall E3 this week.
* Convex has tasty baked and pan-cooked snacks made from local cashew in Stall B2.
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Organic PGS gotukola, mukunuwenna, spinach, bitter gourd, thumba karawila, thibbatu, beli, and brinjal from Kenko 1st
* NEW: Kaluheenati red rice noodles, suwandel white rice noodles and kaluheenati string hoppers from Radha Lanka
* Mulberry jam, sweet chili jam, local grapefruit marmalade, narang marmalade, papaya chutney, and naminam chutney from Yummy Goodness
* Almond butter, cashew butter, and peanut butter from Soul Food
* Whole bean and ground coffee from Tusker Coffee
* Bee honey and bee honey with cinnamon from Dunvila Sustainables
* Vegan coconut yogurt, coconut sugar, and garlic, teriyaki, and original coconut aminos from Ceylon Coconut Company
* Organic certified rigatoni pasta from Ma's Kitchen
* Basil pesto, tomato sauce, kurakkan crust pizza, ravioli, sott’olio and eggplant parmesan from Dolce Italia
* Free range PGS eggs from Malpotha Farms and Amiron Farm
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Sinhala achcharu from Araliya Foods
* Dill pickles, bread and butter cucumber pickles, and pickled onions made from organic ingredient by All About Pickles
* Mosquito repellent spray and mosquito repellent balm from Mosquitostop Natural
* Thebu powder, gotukola powder, nelli (amla) herbal tea, and cinnamon toothpicks from Cino Ceylon
* Organic PGS dried peppermint and dried sweet basil from Haritha Herbs
* Beetroot kochchi, pumpkin garlic, and pumpkin peanut vegetable spreads from Wild Rabbits
* Plain kefir, mango kefir, plain yogurt, fruit yogurt and chia pudding from Senani
* Sandalwood soap, activated charcoal toothpaste, and king coconut hair oil from Lina
* Almond Cranberry Crunch, Protein Blast and Mega Omega snack mixes from PowerUp 365
* Pure kithul syrup from Kimbula Kithul
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.