Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for June 29th is below.
* Real Life is organizing a community awareness session from 9 am to 12 noon under the nuga tree for World Wellbeing Week. They will focus on emotional stability, work-life balance, mindfulness, and socioeconomic values in your career life and personal life.
* Hatton National Bank will have a mobile ATM at the Saturday Good Market from 7 am to 6 pm with games for children and tills and caps for deposits. They are also doing an awareness program on electric vehicle leasing facilities.
* New community members Farm Gate and Pulsezz are offering fresh milk, yogurt, Ayurvedic herbal drinks, and meals and snacks made out of pulses and other healthy, locally sourced ingredients in Stall A8.
* The Better Tomorrow Movement is back at the Saturday Good Market this week. Learn more about their work in Stall B3.
* Advithiya has new loungewear and sleep boxers for men and women. They are also offering a 20% discount on kaftans, ponchos, kurtas, dresses, skirts, pants, handmade notebooks, and bags. Don’t miss Stall D8!
* Saduni Batik is introducing a new range of naturally dyed baby clothes made with traditional herbal dyes like venivel and beetroot. Find them in Stall B6.
* Cellulose Jewellery has earring, bracelet, and necklace sets made from upcycled waste paper in Stall B2.
* Sena Eco is offering 30 to 50% off the normal retail price on selected handloom slippers and bags in Stall B10.
* Dunvila Sustainables has pure jungle bee honey, bee honey with garlic, bee honey with organic cinnamon, and rath heenati, pachchaperumal, red basmathi, and white kahawanu organic PGS heirloom rice in Stall B3.
* Yattir is introducing a hash brown burger in Stall D1 at the Saturday Good Market. The new option is available with egg, chicken, spinach, and layer of their homemade sauce.
* The Bibliophile is offering pre-loved novels for Rs. 200-300 in Stall D2 at the Saturday Good Market this week.
* Su Art has a new collection of paintings and other artwork in Stall E3.
* AthkamRoo has a range of woven reed bags in Stall B10.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic certified dried mango, ripe jackfruit, young jackfruit, papaya, pineapple and banana from Eliya Organic
* Dried apple, figs, apricots, hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds from Big Borek
* Pure arabica, dark arabica and espresso whole bean, and ground coffee from Hansa Ceylon
* Atta flour, kurakkan flour, gram flour and dates from Foodlink
* Kithul jaggery, kithul syrup and traditional sesame sweets from Haritha Lanka
* Calamari rings, handella, peeled prawns, and tuna from Fresh Harvest
* Natural cheddar and paneer from Lili Dairy
* Lime pickle, brinjal pickle, Sinhala achcharu, veralu achcharu and ambarella curry from Araliya Foods
* Sun dried tomato, tomato and beetroot marinades, savory tomato chili jam, and pineapple green papaya chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
* Organic certified cacao powder, moringa powder and coconut sugar from Greenfield Organic Life
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Jackfruit seed powder from Suwa
* NEW: Spice ginger raisin oat cookie, passion fruit drizzle cake, brown sugar shortbread, 70% dark chocolate brownies, and date coffee walnut cake from Dottie's Bakery
* Organic PGS broccoli, kale, green beans, carrot, green cabbage, leeks, yellow bell pepper, and shiitake mushrooms from Green House Organic Garden
* Free range PGS chicken and eggs from Amiron Farms and Malpotha Farms
* Natural yogurt from Baby Valentina
* Turmeric latte mix from Terra Merita
* Smooth peanut butter and crunchy peanut butter from Ma's Foods
* Healing salve, baby salve and after sun salve from Moonshadow
* Floor cleaner, window cleaner and multi-surface cleaner from Cinnasol
* Liver bites and chicken nibbles dog treats from The Barkery
* Moon cup and hard wax from Kiseki
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.