Saturday Good Market Event
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for March 14th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• NEW: Varuna Creations specializes in original folk art paintings that showcase the environment and traditions of village life in 19th century Sri Lanka. Their canvas paintings are made with nontoxic paints, natural cloth, and upcycled wooden frames from shipping pallets and discarded furniture. Find them at stall B1.
• Urumaya has environmentally responsible lifestyle products, such as cutlery pouches, lunch bags, and other reusable bag options in stall E10.
• Hela Arts is at stall B9 with their new collection of traditional and modern paintings.
• Shade House creates custom lampshades, table lamps, wall lamps. They also repair and refurbish existing lampshades and lamps at affordable rates. Find them at stall E4.
• Nue Body Basics is promoting several products: Bug Buster (insect repellent made with whipped body butter), Pep Me Up (whipped body butter), hot cocoa (whipped body butter), all natural deodorant, pink Himalayan salt scrub, cocoa butter, shea butter in stall B8.
• Plateau de Gourmet specializes in quality dips and platters made from natural, sustainably sourced ingredients. This week they’ve got sun-dried tomato, shiitake mushroom, asparagus, baked crab dips at E3.
• AthakamRoo has woven bags, watti, purse and habili made from natural materials in stall E4.
• Deen The Bookman is in stall A1 with collectibles, novels and children’s books.
• Saduni Batik is introducing a hand band, which helps to build immunity using venivelgeta with perungayam for your all family members in stall B12.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Nannari tea, cocoa tea, garcinia cambogia tea, hibiscus tea, holy basil tea and gotu kola tea from Lifetone
• Pure kithul palm jaggery and kithul treacle from DivineOrganics
• Organic cinnamon sticks, cardamom, whole black pepper, natural creamed pumpkin soup, garlic and gotu kola soup from Ma’s Kitchen
• Kurakkan flour, roasted peanut, porridge pack, meneri rice and thanahal from Jayadi
• All natural vegan palmyra palm sugar from Palmyrah Organics
• Mustard seed, fenugreek, cumin seed and fennel seed from Shiro Products
• Sweet peanut, rulang cake, sweet sesame thala guli from Raja Gedara
• Ambarella chutney, orange marmalade, mixed cherry jam, wild mandarin marmalade, and sweet chili jam from Yummy Goodness
• Foot soak mint and tropical scrub from CocoExpress
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Gluten-free brownies, vegan double chocolate cookies, oat chocolate cookies, carrot cake, vegan banana cake, tomato quiche, carrot butternut tart, mushroom quiche and mushroom tart from Milk & Honey
• Rice flour bread with suwandel and kalu heenati from Saaraketha
• Mineral water in glass bottles from Olu Tropical Water
• Papaya passion jam, sweet chilli jam, damson jam, kumquat marmalade and chutney, narang marmalade, tamarind chutney, and papaya chutney from Yummy Goodness
• Organic PGS broccoli, bok choy, leeks, green cabbage, green beans, beetroot and shiitake mushrooms from Green House Organic Garden
• Cinnamon Sticks & Powder from AMUURA
• Soy milk, vegetarian sausage, vegetarian hot dogs, and vegetarian burgers from Be Veg
• Natural palmyrah palm sugar from Palmyrah Organics
• Kithul syrup, kithul jaggery and sweet sesame thala guli from Haritha Lanka
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.