Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for March 16th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
10am - 6pm 🌏 Festival for our Planet
NGage is joining the Worldwide Climate Strike Action and organizing a festival for our planet from 10am to 6pm at the Saturday Good Market. Join their full day event under the Nuga tree, which will include climate justice talks by activists and celebrities, education exhibits and art installations, songs for our planet by new generation performers, climate movies, and a climate quiz with prizes. Help spread the word!
* NEW: Convex Lanka in stall B12 specialises in high quality cashew at affordable prices sourced from home gardeners and small-scale farmers
* NEW: Visit Environmental Foundation Ltd (EFL) in stall B13 and learn more about their conservation and protection work in Sri Lanka through legal and scientific means.
* Secret Garden in stall B1 is promoting their 'no-single-use' collection in view of the Climate Strike event
* Visit Dathri in stall E3 and shop their custom-made wooden boxes and frames made from sustainably sourced bamboo and rubberwood
* Greencare.lk in stall B7 produces eco-friendly potted plants made from coconut fiber, cane, reed, ceramic, and bamboo
* Visit Wholesome foods in stall B11 and shop their range of healthy and organic food products.
* Enjoy a 15% discount on virgin coconut oil from Saaraketha in stall F4 & 5
* Beat the heat with naarang popsicles from Fruitful in stall E9
* Cellulose Jewelry in stall B11 will be selling coasters made using upcycled shopping bags.
* Visit Ceylon herbal coffee in stall B2 and taste their special hot coffee with kithul jaggery
* Get your hands on Kanchi Crafts signature coconut bowls in stall E5
* Visit Cino Ceylon in stall B5 and enjoy 20% off on all their products this month due to their 5th anniversary celebrations.
* Visit Athkam Roo in stall B13 and shop their new lamp shades.
GOOD MARKET BATTARAMULLA
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137, Pannipitiya Road.
You can find organic fruits and vegetables and natural food, body, home, and garden products from more than 130 Good Market approved enterprises.
Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. Look forward to hearing what you think.
This week’s deliveries include…
* Coconut sugar, cinnamon, cacao, ginger and pineapple flavoured coconut spreads from Greenfield organic life
* Peanut butter, almond butter and cashew butter from Soul Food
* Himalayan pink salt from What on earth
* Almond milk and soy milk from Organico Guru
* Passion naarang, tamarind, lime crush and pani dodam sea salt drinks from Sozo
* Green tea jun from Laa dhalu
* Gluten free, chocolate and jaggery cashew shaped cookies from Chesma's cookies
* Banana blossom in brine, lotus root in brine, bread fruit in brine and mallum polos in brine from Araliya Foods
* Guarana powder from Cayambe Lanka
* Papaya passion vanilla jam and mango ginger jam from Amba estate
GOOD MARKET REID AVENUE
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, natural food, body, home, and garden products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Natural hair oil from Kavin Ceylon
* Pistachio, pecan and pine nuts from What on earth
* Dried apricot and dried figs from Big Borek
* Thala kerali from Haritha Lanka
* Dehydrated organic spicy pineapple from Green valley essentials
* Whole black pepper and black pepper powder from Ma's Foods
* Kithul syrup from Kimbula Kithul
* Palmyrah jaggery and Palmyrah syrup from Northern palmyrah
* Thebu and gotukola powder from Cino ceylon
* Mango chutney from Gihan's chutney
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.