SATURDAY GOOD MARKET
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for March 23rd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
5 - 6pm | PLANT SWAP 🌿
The organic gardening community is organizing a PLANT SWAP under the nuga tree from 5 to 6 pm. If you have sprouting cuttings or plants to share, bring them along. Everyone who brings something is invited to take plants home.
* NEW: Visit Leo Club of Colombo Knights in stall E5 and learn about their 'Sow and So' initiative that focuses on promoting and distributing seed balls.
*NEW: Welcome ShifAid in stall E4 and shop their natural handmade cosmetics and personal care products. Get their jar of foot soak for Rs. 1,800 (10% off)
* House of Lonali in stall F2 is offering discounts up to 20% on selected products. Shop their latest men's shoe collection, ladies lace-ups and variety of upcycled bags.
* Wax Craqqs in stall E5 is back with a range of contemporary batik swimwear, workout clothing, casual wear, yoga bags, beach bags and more.
* Visit Athkam Roo in stall B8 and keep yourself cool with their woven fans
* Saaraketha in stall F 4&5 is offering 10% off on all organic products.
* Visit Eliya in stall E3 and beat the heat with their natural fruit juices made using king coconut water
GOOD MARKET REID AVENUE
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, natural food, body, home, and garden products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Quinoa from Thulsi Superseeds
* Greek yogurt from Aeri
* Olive oil from Jordan River
* Smooth medium coffee in tin and bag from Soul Coffee
* Masala mix tea from Dulce Vi
* Organic banana flour from Green Valley Essentials
* Kurakkan margherita and kurakkan arrabiata from Dolce Italia
* Rulang semolina sweet, sweet peanuts, thala guli and thala kerali from Raja Gedara
* Devilled peanuts from Little T's
* Kithul syrup from Yaka Products
GOOD MARKET BATTARAMULLA
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137, Pannipitiya Road.
You can find organic fruits and vegetables and natural food, body, home, and garden products from more than 130 Good Market approved enterprises.
Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. Look forward to hearing what you think.
This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW : Porridge pack and kithul flour from Jayadi
* Pesto sauce from Dolce Italia
* Dark chocolate with brown sugar or jaggery from Hansa Ceylon
* Dried peppermint and sweet basil from Haritha Herbs
* Crushed chili, coriander seed, cumin and unroasted curry powder from Shiro Products
* Red kidney beans, cannellini beans and whole peeled tomato from Organico guru
* Chocotrella, cocotrella and cashewtrella from Ceylon Pure
* Kithul syrup from Kimbula Kithul
* Dried banana, ripened jackfruit and pineapple from Eliya
* Herbal drink energy and shape up from Radha Lanka
* Bamboo straw, stainless steel straw, straw brush and straw travel pouch from Eco Kade
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.