SATURDAY GOOD MARKET
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for March 2nd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
11.00 am - 12.00 pm Good Market Kids
Bring your little ones along for an interactive cooking demonstration with Innocent Foods in stall B2 from 11am - 12pm.
* NEW: Visit CORD Sri Lanka in B4 in stall and shop their collection of palmyrah hats handmade by women in the north of Sri Lanka.
* NEW: Visit Menhandy School for the Exceptional Child in stall B5 and learn more about their work in creating educational opportunities for young people with developmental disabilities in Sri Lanka.
* NEW: Shop Vikki in stall B11 for designer clothing items, accessories, and lifestyle products made from locally sourced natural dyes.
* NEW: Visit Advithiya in stall D10 and shop upcycled clothing, accessories, housewares, and stationary made from recycled home and factory waste.
* NEW: Say hello to Ghedora-Connects in stall F2 and shop their second hand and new donated items of which 100% profits go towards the rescues: Tails of Freedom and the Cat Protection Trust.
* Visit Janolan Nature in stall B10 and taste their herbal teas, and aloe vera products made from all natural, vegan ingredients.
* Visit Elle's Treasures in stall E5 and and shop second-hand clothing, books, and accessories guilt-free at reasonable prices.
GOOD MARKET BATTARAMULLA
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137, Pannipitiya Road.
You can find organic fruits and vegetables and natural food, body, home, and garden products from more than 130 Good Market approved enterprises.
Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. Look forward to hearing what you think.
This week’s deliveries include…
* Reusable shopping bags from Cally
* Greek yogurt from Aeri
* Plain kefir and mango kefir from Senani
* Split green gram, whole red pea, sweet peanuts, rulang cake and split kollu from Raja Gedara
* Moringa powder from Greenfield Organic Life
* Kochchi sauce, tomato sauce and soy sauce from JR Premium
* Suwandel rice string hoppers from Radha Lanka
* Black sesame seeds and toasted sunflower seeds from Thulsi Superseeds
* Fenugreek, fennel seeds, dry pepper, mace and brindle berry from Shiro Products
* Nivithi, gotukola, bitter gourd and ash plantain from Kenko 1st
GOOD MARKET REID AVENUE
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, natural food, body, home, and garden products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms
* Free range eggs from Peacock farm
* Organic coconut sugar and organic cacao powder from Greenfield organic life
* Soy milk from OrganicoGuru
* Chutney by Gihans
* Brown sugar Ma's organic
* Peanut butter and Tahini from Rangala house
* Peanut butter granola and original granola from 3×3 granola
* Greek style yogurt from Frutty Fro Yo
* Chia pudding from Senani
* Spirulina, maca, matcha, and acai berries from Vitawell
* Authentic food seasoning, soy sauce, kochchi sauce & tomato sauce from JR Premium
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.