Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for March 30th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
10.30 am - 1pm Embark Adoption Day 🐶
Looking for a new playmate? Embark Adoption Day is happening at the Saturday Good Market at the Colombo Racecourse this week from 10:30 am to 1 pm.
9 am - 5pm Kids Nature Session & Building Eco Bricks
Bring your little ones along to ECO-V under the nuga tree and teach them about the butterfly life cycle and how to attract the Crimson Rose butterfly to your garden!
Want to learn how to make eco bricks?
Learn how to build eco bricks with ECO-V and how you can say "NO" to single-use plastic. Stainless steel cutlery sets and pouches are will also be available.
*NEW: Welcome Clay Studio in stall B1 and learn more about their handmade ceramic tableware products
*NEW: Satisfy your food cravings with Yattir in stall D1 and taste their healthy sandwiches made from natural and locally sourced ingredients.
*NEW: Visit Sri Lanka Sumithrayo in stall E4 and learn how they provide support for people experiencing feelings of distress, despair and suicide.
* Visit Umandawa in stall A13 and shop their organic fruits and vegetables grown using sustainable agriculture techniques
* Visit Athkam Roo in stall B6 and shop their products made from ekel, coconut, palmyrah, reed, and bamboo.
GOOD MARKET BATTARAMULLA
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137, Pannipitiya Road.
You can find organic fruits and vegetables and natural food, body, home, and garden products from more than 130 Good Market approved enterprises.
Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. Look forward to hearing what you think.
This week’s deliveries include…
* Avocado, red or green cabbage, yellow bell pepper, broccoli, beetroot and kale from Green House Organic Garden
* Rice kahawanu, madathawalu, pachchaperumal, kaluheenati, kuruluthuda and suwandhel from Sam Sarvaposha
* Almond, walnuts, hazelnuts, dried apple, figs and apricot from Big Borek (products directly sourced from small-scale producers in Turkey).
* Kaolin mud pack, kasthuri turmeric scrub, lotus or lemongrass body lotion and peppermint foot scrub from Helinta Eco
* Small or normal sanitary liners and small, normal or night sanitary pads from Momiji Natural
* Hibiscus, garcinia cambogia, holy basil, gotukola, cacao tea and jamun coffee from Possible Green
* Mustard oil, sesame oil, ghee, Point Petro vadai and pakoda from Northern Palmyrah
* Coconut syrup. virgin coconut oil, unrefined coconut oil, coconut butter and coconut water from Coconut Miracle
* Gluten free coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut water, moringa powder and peanut butter from Nutri Naturals
* Plain yogurt, fruit yogurt, plain or mango kefir and chia pudding from Senani
GOOD MARKET REID AVENUE
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, natural food, body, home, and garden products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
*NEW: Pickled onion, bread and butter cucumber pickle, cucumber dill pickle and Lombardi pickled chillies from All About Pickles
*NEW: Carrot spice, beetroot kochchi, pumpkin garlic and pumpkin peanut spreads from Wild Rabbits
*NEW: Organic dried papaya, mango, jackfruit, banana and pineapple from Eliya
* Classic, lemongrass and melo mint king coconut water from August Water
* Fruit salad, pineapple chunks and papaya cubes from Govi Aruna
* Pure arabica, dark arabica and ground espresso coffee bean from Hansa Ceylon
* Free range PGS eggs from Amiron Farm, Malpotha Farms and Peacock House
* Suwandel, kaluheenati, kuruluthuda and pachchaperumal rice from Saaraketha
* Chili, cumin, cinnamon, lightly salted and plain cashews from Addictive
*Virgin coconut oil, unrefined coconut oil, coconut butter, coconut water and toasted & raw coconut flakes from Coconut Miracle
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.