Saturday Good Market Event
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for March 7th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• NEW: Corn Land specializes in healthy, corn-based snacks, including popcorn and fresh corn with seasoning. Find them at B5.
• SOUL Food is introducing müsli in a jar, nutbutters, and freshly made, vegan, gluten-free refined sugar-free almond milk in stall D6.
• Ran Ketha Eco is introducing natural juices and hoppers at Stall E5
• CShapes is in stall B2 with their new collection of unique jewelry pieces made out of waste materials.
• Binuka Organic has PGS certified fresh vegetables and fruits including naarang, coconut, lovi, heirloom tomato, ginger and much more. Find them in stall A6.
• Convex is in stall C1 with their fresh batches of high-quality cashews at affordable prices.
• Helanta Coffee has freshly processed roasts coffee from a network of more than 1,500 small-scale farmers across 20 villages in Sri Lanka's hill country in stall B3.
• Natura Palmyrah is in stall C2 with their new collection of baskets, bags, and bins made out of natural fiber.
• Jeewa’s has achcharu made out of locally sourced fresh fruits including pineapple, ambarella, guava, weralu and more in stall C7.
• Ayubo Tea has herbal infusions, including bael flower (beli mal), sarsaparilla (iramusu), Ceylon cinnamon (kurundu), ranawara, polpala, gotukola and much more in stall B7.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Tomato sauce, kochchi sauce, soy sauce & food seasoning from JR Premium
• Cinnamon sticks & powder from AMUURA
• Papaya passion & vanilla Jam, mango & ginger jam & mustard cream from Amba Estate
• Himalayan pink salt & jack fruit seed powder from Suwa
• Mango chutney from Gihan's Chutney
• Coconut crumbles & cashew crumbles from Hope Cookies
• Cacoa nibs, dark chocolate bar from Serendib Chocolate
• Liquid fertilizer & slow release granules from Eco Greeners
• Kithul treacle from DivineOrganics
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Sun-dried lemon zest from Innocent Foods
• Organic PGS broccoli, leeks, green cabbage, green beans, Beetroot and shiitake mushrooms from Green House Organic Garden
• Fruit and cacao energy balls from Life’s Good Kitchen
• Roasted Ceylon arabica coffee from Tusker Coffee
• Almond, hazelnut, walnut, dried fig, dried apple from Big Borek
• Calocybe indica mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
• Kithul flour, kurakkan string hopper flour, meneri, roasted peanuts, rice flakes and thanhal from Jayadi
• Herbal natural hair oil from Kavin Ceylon
• Granular fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, coir pouches and soil substrate from Eco Greeners
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.