SATURDAY GOOD MARKET
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for May 11th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
🚩 Based on the results of last week's vendor survey, there will be no Saturday Good Market on Vesak May 18th
🚩 A special security plan has been organized with with Cinnamon Garden police station
EVENTS 9am - 5pm
Join Eco-V under the nuga tree for an awareness programme about the life cycle of the red Pierrot butterfly.
* Visit Athkam Roo in stall B7 and shop their latest cane chairs
* Get your dose of good reads at Deen the Bookman in stall A1
* Find all your favourite vegan and plant-based goodies at Soul Food in stall D6
* Yattir will be serving up delicious homemade Bahn-buns in stall D1
* Visit Baker's Choice in stall F1 and treat yourself to their healthy range of sourdough breads
* Get yourself an indoor or outdoor potted plant from CK Greens in stall B6
* Visit Pedals in stall B5 and shop their range of unique handmade footwear.
GOOD MARKET BATTARAMULLA
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137, Pannipitiya Road.
You can find organic fruits and vegetables and natural food, body, home, and garden products from more than 130 Good Market approved enterprises.
Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. Look forward to hearing what you think.
This week’s deliveries include…
* Mixed nuts, almond, olive oil and zaatar from Jordan River
* Moringa powder, coconut milk, coconut vinegar, peanut butter, flour and sesame oil from Nutri Naturals
* Bitter gourd moringa, carrot spice, pumpkin garlic and pumpkin peanut from Wild Rabbits
* Lemongrass tea, pan roasted beans, spiced chai, broken pekoe orange, papaya passion jam and mango ginger jam from Amba Estate
* Fuller earth face mask pack from Iris Garden
* Kumquat, grapefruit marmalade, sweet chili jam, mulberry jam, barbados cherry jam, papaya passion fruit jam and star passion fruit jam from Yummy Goodness
* Coriander powder, cardamom, crushed chili, ginger powder, mustard powder and fish, chicken, roasted, unroasted curry powder from Shiro Products
* Peanut butter smooth and crunchy from Ma's
* Coconut cookies and cashew cookies from Hope Cookies
GOOD MARKET REID AVENUE
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, natural food, body, home, and garden products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic PGS ambul banana, kolikuttu banana, passion fruit, lemon and pineapple from Bee Green
* Organic certified TJC mango from Ellawala Horticulture
* Organic certified dried banana, papaya, pineapple, ripe jackfruit and young jackfruit from Eliya
* Cumin seed, coriander, fennel seed, fenugreek and mustard from Shiro Products
* Mixed quinoa, white quinoa, rice corn penne, buckwheat spirals, soy milk and almond milk from Organico Guru
* Organic certified virgin coconut oil, unrefined coconut oil, coconut butter, flour, coconut water, vinegar, aminos and coconut syrup from Coconut Miracle
* Organic certified coconut milk, coconut sugar, cacao powder, virgin coconut oil and white & black pepper grinder from Greenfield Organic Life
* Chilli pieces, vegetable masala mix and turmeric powder from Mantra Life
* Free Range PGS Eggs from Peacock House
* Organic certified heirloom rice pachchaperumal, kuruluthuda, kaluheenati and suwandhal from Saaraketha
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.