Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for November 23rd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• Waste Management Authority is launching their Mihisaru compost and e-magazine under the nuga tree. They are also promoting seed paper and compostable lunch sheets.
• NEW: Four Elements has a range of personal care, home care, and wellness products that are handcrafted from natural ingredients in stall B1.
• NEW: Sarvodaya’s Woodwork specializes in educational toys and school furniture made from responsibly sourced local wood and nontoxic, lead-free paints. They provide an alternative to imported plastic toys and children's furniture and contribute all profits to Sarvodaya social services. Find them in stall A10.
• NEW: All Naturals is launching an all-in-one face pack and scrub made from local and natural ingredients in stall B7.
• NEW: Gi’s Kitchen works with the National Aquaculture Development Authority to promote sustainable fishing techniques and contributes two percent of revenue to support fishermen and their families. They specialize in dishes made from Sri Lankan crab. Stop by stall E1 to learn more.
• Gift something sustainable this season. Visit Sustainablee in stall F2 for upcycled stationery gift packs and personal care gift packs. If you are making ecobricks from your nonrecyclable waste, drop them off at their ecobrick collection point.
• Viveca has a new range of reed waste bins and laundry baskets in stall A5.
• Stop by stall C8 for Jeewa’s spicy and sour achcharu pickles made with local fruits like woodapple, mango, jambola, and ambarella.
• Deen the Bookman has a new collection of pre-loved novels, children’s books, and nonfiction in stall A1.
• AthkamRoo has a wide range of handwoven baskets, bags, housewares made from natural materials including tissue boxes made from coconut palm stems in stall E4.
• Elysian creates jewelry from scrap electrical wire. Find their unique collection in stall E5.
• Ceylon Herbals has a range of natural tea blends made with sustainably sourced local cinnamon in stall B9.
• Aroma Natural is offering a free bar of saffron glycerin soap for purchases over Rs. 3,500. Stop by stall B12 to see their full range.
• Dunvila Sustainables has jungle bee honey and organic PGS heirloom rice in stall B2.
• Soul Food has almond milk iced coffee and other vegan drinks and treats in stall D6. Buy 4 bottles of vegan protein shakes or black magic charcoal lemon-aid and get the 5th bottle free. All products are gluten free and refined sugar free.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Greek yogurt from Aeri
• Organic PGS virgin coconut oil and pachchaperumal heirloom rice from Mannankulam Farm
• Coconut peanut butter, sesame oil, and organic certified coconut flour, coconut vinegar, and coconut syrup from Nutri Naturals
• Kombucha in classic, turmeric, ginger, and spice one from Laa Dhalu
• Cashew butter, almond butter, peanut butter, and vegan protein shakes from Soul Food
• Kithul syrup, kithul jaggery, and thalaguli sesame sweets from Haritha Lanka
• Jaffna lime pickle, Sinhala achcharu, katta sambol, vegetarian seeni sambol, polos curry, mango curry, and ambarella curry from Araliya Foods
• Himalayan pink salt and jackfruit seed powder from Suwa
• Moringa string hopper mix, gherkin pickles in natural vinegar, and organic certified cinnamon drink from Govi Aruna
• Pork sausage, chorizo, satay, bacon, and pepper crusted ham from Pepper Valley Farm
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Organic certified vegan rice milk with calcium and vegan rice milk with cocoa from Riso Scotti
• Zero waste beeswax wraps and alum crystal deodorant from Sustainablee
• Salted kithul coconut chips from Don Coco
• Cashew-shaped cookies in classic, jaggery, frosted, and strawberry from Chesma’s Natural Cookies
• Calocybe indica specialty mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
• Small and medium liners and small, medium, and night menstrual pad from Momiji Natural
• Vegan sorbet and ice cream from Carino
• Energy balls from Life's Good Kitchen
• Indulgence, Smooth Ceylon, and Intense Espresso coffee roasts from Soul Coffee
• Mulberry jam, papaya passion jam, naarang marmalade, kumquat marmalade, and tamarind chutney from Yummy Goodness
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.