Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for November 2nd is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• NEW: The Waste Management Authority is raising awareness about available services in stall A2. Stop by and learn more about waste reduction programs, home composting, biogas units, recycler registration, technical assistance programs, and services for schools, preschools, and hospitals.
• Saaraketha is doing a special tasting event for their new gluten-free bread. Visit stall F4 between 9:30 and 5 for a sample.
• Fruitful is back at the market with their all natural popsicles and ice creams. This week’s popsicles are naarang and watermelon, and the ice cream flavors are vanilla, chocolate, and passionfruit. Drop by stall B10 to beat the heat.
• Advithiya is offering a 15% discount on selected kurtas, ponchos, kaftans, dresses, skirts, pants, tops, and notebooks in stall D8.
• Viveca has eco-friendly meditation chairs made out of natural reed and water hyacinth, cane hamper boxes with lids, reed shopping baskets, rattan rocking horses, and adjustable baby cots in stall D1. Visit them to learn about custom order options.
• Dunvila Sustainables has pure jungle bee honey, bee honey with organic cinnamon, bee honey with garlic, and organic PGS heirloom rice varieties in stall B3.
• Did you know that Saduni Batik creates unique bridal saree designs? Find them in stall B7.
• AthkamRoo has a new range of hand-woven reed fans in stall E4.
• Stop by stall D3 to see Parkville’s collection of wooden sunglasses, eyeglass frames, and affordable flat-pack furniture.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Energy balls from Life's Good Kitchen
• New seasonal batch of mango chutney from Gihan's Mango Chutney
• Salted kithul flavor coconut chips from Don Coco
• Coffee blended with natural spices from Ceylon Herbal Coffee
• Organic certified fruit drinks with king coconut water and dried banana, pineapple, papaya, mango, and ripened jackfruit snacks from Eliya Organic
• Mega Omega, Protein Blast and Almond Cranberry Crunch snack blends from PowerUp 365
• Moringa capsules and moringa leaf tea from MoriCeylon
• Organic certified vegan rice milk with calcium and vegan rice milk with cocoa from Riso Scotti
• All natural soy sauce, tomato sauce, kochchi sauce, and coconut amino seasoning sauce from JR Premium
• Smooth Ceylon, Indulgence, and Intense Espresso roasts from Soul Coffee
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Hydroponic mixed salad greens, rocket (arugula), and cherry tomatoes from Lanka Salad Company
• Suwandel organic PGS rice from Jetwing Kaduruketha Farm
• Free range PGS eggs from Malpotha Farms
• Greek yogurt from Aeri
• Masala chai spice mix from Dulce Vi
• Papaya passion vanilla jam, mango ginger jam, mustard, pan roasted coffee, and organic lemongrass herbal tea from Amba Estate
• Deviled peanuts and jaggery roasted peanuts with sesame from Little T’s
• Classic and flavored hummus from Innocent Foods
• Small-batch roasted Ceylon Arabica coffee from Tusker Coffee
• Mango chutney from Gihan's Mango Chutney
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.