Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for November 30th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• Advithiya has a new collection of kaftans, ponchos, kurtas, tops, skirts, pants, dresses, hats, bags, shawls and scarves in stall D8.
• Chesma’s Cookies has their handmade all natural cookies collection with a variety of flavors including jaggery, peanut butter, lavender, plain, strawberry, and green tea. Visit their stall in C5 for sampling!
• Cinnamon Legends Organics has organic certified cinnamon quills and powder in stall E5.
• Thusare Talking Hands is offering shiatsu acupressure massage by trained visually impaired therapists in stall A11.
• Baker’s Choice has artisanal sourdough breads made with natural ingredients in stall F2.
• Dunvila Sustainables is in stall B2 with a fresh batch of jungle bees honey and red and white organic PGS heirloom rice.
• Deen the Bookman is in stall A1 with a new collection of secondhand novels, children's books, and collectibles.
• Urumaya has environmentally responsible lifestyle products such as cutlery pouches, lunch bags and other bag options in stall E2.
• Ishara School of Hobby Crafts is doing a workshop for kids to create name banners and Christmas decorations in stall E8.
• Viveca has a new collection of rattan lamp shades, rattan fruit baskets, reed laptop cover and reed verandah chairs in stall A5.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is now officially open with a community space and cafe! Stop by and check it out between 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road.
The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Roasted pumpkin seeds, black sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and quinoa from Thulsi Superseeds
• Vegan coconut yogurt, organic certified coconut sugar, coconut flour, and coconut aminos from Ceylon Coconut Company
• Organic certified mixed quinoa, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, prunes, cannellini beans, and red kidney beans from Organico Guru
• Acai powder, maca powder, matcha powder and spirulina powder from Vitawell
• Natural cheddar cheese and paneer from Lili Dairy
• Kasthuri turmeric scrub, peppermint foot scrub, aloe vera gel, and lotus lotion from Helinta Eco
• Vermicompost for organic home gardening from Agrich
• Plain cashew, chili cashew, cinnamon cashew and lightly salted cashew from Addictive Cashews
• Gluten free brownies, double chocolate cookies, vegan banana cake, date and oat bars, and oat chocolate cookie from Milk and Honey
• Organic certified steel cut oats, oat flour and instant oats from Oateo Organic
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Wooden hair brush from Eco Kadé
• NEW: Roasted pumpkin seeds with salted crunch from Thulsi Superseeds
• Turkish hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, dried apples, figs, apricots, and dried mint from Big Borek
• Ashwagandha powder, lavender deodorant, and peppermint deodorant from Array
• Cleaned handella, peeled prawns and tuna cubes from Fresh Harvest
• Calocybe indica mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
• Free range PGS chicken and eggs from Amiron Farms
• Fruit yogurt, plain yogurt, plain kefir, mango kefir, and lavender sachets from Senani
• Pure kithul syrup from Kimbula Kithul
• Peanut oil, smooth peanut butter, crunchy peanut butter, and organic cloves, nutmeg, black pepper, certified coconut milk, creamy pumpkin soup, and garlic gotukola soup from Ma's Happy Life Kitchen
• Bee honey, palmyrah syrup, palmyrah jaggery, and ghee from Northern Palmyrah
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.