The Saturday Good Market will be closed on November 16th due to the Presidential Elections
Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market is happening from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for November 9th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• NEW: Cocanta was started by a group of Sinhala medicine doctors to share traditional medicine practices with future generations and promote herbal products made according to traditional recipes. Visit stall B6 to check out their selection of cough syrup, hair oil, body pain relief, mark-reducing skin cream, hair oil, and body butter.
• NEW: Nue Body Basics specializes in small-batch, natural skincare products from plant-based butters, oils, and essential oils with plastic-free packaging. This week they have Bug Buster insect repellent, Pep Me Up and Hot Cocoa whipped body butters, 9 to 5 natural deodorant, Himalayan pink salt scrub, cocoa butter, and shea butter in stall E2.
• RealLife is doing a Rebuilt Minds program under the nuga tree. The focus is on stress level awareness in career and personal life and how to manage through mindfulness, wellness, and socioeconomic values.
• Waste Management Authority is raising awareness about available services under the nuga tree. Stop by and learn more about waste reduction programs, home composting, biogas units, recycler registration, technical assistance programs, and services for schools, preschools, and hospitals.
• Advithiya will have new kaftans, kurtas, pants, skirts, dresses, tops, bags, and hats this week. The 15 percent off sale on selected ponchos, shawls, hair bandeaus, scrunchies, and books will continue this week in stall D7.
• Dunvila Sustainables will be in stall B3 with jungle bees honey and organic PGS heirloom rice.
• Milk & Honey Cafe has savory tarts, quiches, cookies, brownies, and cakes made with whole grains, natural sweeteners, local and organic ingredients in stall D5. Ask them about their vegan and gluten-free options.
• Saduni Batik will be taking orders for custom saree designs in stall B1.
• Soul Food has almond milk iced coffee, matcha energy drinks and many other plant-based vegan goodies in stall D6.
• Deen the Bookman will have a new collection of pre-loved books in stall A1.
• Sena Eco specializes in healthy, environmentally responsible footwear made with natural areca leaf, reed, cotton handloom, and natural latex. Find them in stall B11.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Organic certified coconut cream, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and coconut aminos in original, garlic, and teriyaki from Ceylon Coconut Company
• Compostable coir pots and TODDS coir sponges from Eco Lanka Consultants
• New harvest mango chutney from Gihan’s Chutney
• Jungle bee honey, bee honey with organic cinnamon, and organic PGS ran kahawanu and masuran heirloom rice from Dunvila Sustainables
• Tamarind, passionfruit narang, pani dodang sea salt, lemon iced tea, raspberry hibiscus, lime crush, ginger lime tonic, and achcharu drinks from SOZO
• Kaolin mud pack, peppermint foot scrub, and kasthuri turmeric scrub from Helinta Eco
• Holy basil tea, garcinia cambogia tea, hibiscus tea, cocoa tea, iramusu tea, jamun herbal coffee substitute from Lifetone
• Plain kefir, mango kefir, plain yogurt, fruit yogurt and vegan chia pudding from Senani
• Thebu powder, gotukola powder, cinnamon toothpicks and nelli (amla) herbal tea from Cino Ceylon
• Smooth peanut butter and crunchy peanut butter from Ma's Kitchen
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Natural tomato sauce, kochchi chili sauce, soy sauce and coconut amino seasoning sauce from JR Premium
• Greek yogurt and cultured butter from Aeri
• Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, black sesame seeds, basil seeds, chia seeds, flax seed, flax seed flour, and white quinoa from Thulsi Superseeds
• Organic certified oat flour, steel cut oats, and instant oats from Oateo Organic
• Hair oil mask and under eye oil from Esther's
• Mosquito repellent citronella beeswax candles from Fone Natural
• Vegan cashew cheese, almond milk, protein shake, charcoal lemon-aid, almond butter, cashew butter, and peanut butter from Soul Food
• Black turtle beans from Bohemian Quest
• Organic certified suwandel, kaluheenati, pachchaperumal and kuruluthuda heirloom rice from Saaraketha
• Refresh, focus, energy, relax, calm and balance aromatherapy inhalers from AromaStick
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.