Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for October 12th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• NEW: Ayubo will be in stall B6 with Ayurvedic herbal infusions. Find bael flower (belimal), sarsaparilla (iramusu), Ceylon cinnamon (kurundu), ranawara, polpala, gotukola, and more.
• Sustainablee will be in stall F2 with their Positive Sri Lanka gift pack which includes a reusable upcycled sari bag, natural deodorant crystal, and pure essential oil for aromatherapy, wellness, or household cleaning. ECO-V will be collecting ecobricks in the same stall.
• Fruitful is offering 10% off on 350 ml ice cream for customers that bring their own takeaway containers. Cool down in stall B9.
• Ceysalt is back with their popular range of soaps including bee honey and avocado. Stop by stall B1 and check out the full collection.
• Amiron is introducing a new line of free range PGS chicken products from their farm in Batticaloa in stall A11.
• Convex is bringing a fresh batch of cashew from small-scale farmers in Anamaduwa, Puttalam, and Abanpola. They specialize in high quality cashew at affordable prices. Visit stall C1 for more info.
• Viveca is back and is introducing a new collection of veranda chairs made from invasive water hyacinth. Visit stall D8 to learn more about their custom furniture options.
• Milk and Honey Cafe has savory tarts, quiches, cookies, brownies, and cakes made with whole grains, natural sweeteners, local and organic ingredients in stall D5. Ask them about about their vegan and gluten-free options.
• Deen the Bookman has a new selection of pre-loved second-hand novels, children’s stories, nonfiction, and rare, and collectible books in stall A1.
• Jeewa’s has mouth-watering achcharu made with ambarella, veralu, guava, pineapple, and more in stall C8.
• AthkamRoo is in stall E4 with baskets, mats, wedding cake boxes, and more made out of natural reed fiber.
• Sri Luck Organic Farm has freshly harvested organic PGS fruits and vegetables from their Kalutara farm in stall A9.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Karangoda Apiary bee honey from Elixir of Life
• Vegan almond milk,vegan protein shake, peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter from Soul Food
• Lavender, eucalyptus, citronella, peppermint, clove bud, and tea tree essential oils from Cliara Essential Oils
• Hathawariya porridge, murunga porridge, kurakkan porridge, katupila porridge, natural energy drink, herbal shape-up drink, ginger powder, garlic powder, and curry leaf powder from Radha Lanka
• Free range PGS eggs and chicken from Amiron Farm
• Organic certified Braggs apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast from Finch Organic Health & Living
• Greek yogurt from Aeri
• Smoked mozzarella, fresh mozzarella, feta, and cheddar from Maia Cheese
• Organic certified coconut milk, coconut syrup, coconut vinegar, coconut water, coconut flour, and moringa powder from Nutri Naturals
• Handella, prawns, and tuna from Fresh Harvest
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Natural soy sauce, kochchi chili sauce, ketchup tomato sauce, and coconut aminos seasoning from JR Premium
• Mulberry jam, starfruit passion jam, sweet chili jam, grapefruit marmalade, naarang marmalade, papaya chutney, ambarella chutney, and tamarind chutney from Yummy Goodness
• Beet kochchi, carrot spice, pumpkin garlic, and pumpkin peanut natural vegetable spreads and sauces from Wild Rabbits
• Mineral water in glass bottles from Olu Tropical Water
• Refresh, focus, energy, relax, calm and balance aromatherapy inhalers from AromaStick
• Unsweetened soy milk, chocolate soy milk, coffee soy milk, vegetarian burgers, and vegetarian hot dogs from Be Veg
• Plain yogurt from Baby Valentina
• Artisanal Sri Lankan ground and whole bean coffee from Tusker Coffee
• Protein Blast, Almond Cranberry Crunch, and Mega Omega from PowerUp 365
• Cashew crumbles and coconut crumbles from Hope Cookies, a social enterprise that provides employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.