Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. New herbal health & beauty stall, free mehendi for kids, organic produce and more. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* New vendor Sepra Natural has herbal health and beauty products. Check out their Mee pain-relief balm, Veralu shampoo, Nikira hair oil, and Fera hair cream in Stall C2.
* Sevens Eco is introducing a new specially designed collection of cotton handloom sari, sarong, tops, wrap-around skirts, men’s shirts to “fit your figure and your pocket.” Stop by Stall C4 to learn more about their Buy Lankan campaign.
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets, fresh fruit juices, virgin mojitos and more in Stall B3.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B4.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall C3.
* FriendzHome in Stall B3 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B5. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall B1 and B2 including upcountry organic vegetables, vegan coconut milk drink, cacao, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. New vendors, art classes for kids, and more. Hope to see you there!
10 to 12 - Morning chillout music by Senses
12 to 3 - Deep house by Gaia and Sandra
3 to 4 - Live music by Shehan
3:30 to 5:30 - Free art classes for kids by Ceylon Art Gallery under the nuga tree
4 to 6 - Community open mic
5 to 6 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
* The Industrial Management Science Students Association (IMSSA) of the University of Kelaniya is organizing Spandana 2016, a musical performance to raise funds for a rural school. Visit them under the nuga tree to learn more.
* New vendor ECPAT Sri Lanka is also known as PEaCE (Protecting Environment and Children Everywhere). They have been working for 25 years to protect child rights and eliminate child prostitution, pornography, and trafficking. Visit them in Stall B9 this week to learn more about their work and get involved.
* New vendor Tash focuses on responsibly sourced local gemstones and handmade silver jewelry. Learn more in Stall E2.
* Baker's Choice has fresh baguette, boule, epi loaves, fig bread, mini brioche and brioche loaves, mixed seed bagels, turmeric bread, malted seeded loaves, mixed seed ciabatta, and whole meal in Stall F3.
* Sari Connection is introducing their kids clothing line in Stall B1. Check out their full range of tops, pants, skirts, dresses, bags and accessories made from upcycled saris by women in Jaffna and Mullaithivu.
* Binuka Organic is bringing goraka tomatoes and other heirloom varieties from their farm in Morawaka. Find them in Stall D1.
* SOZO is offering a special for other Good Market vendors this week. Get a cold drink for Rs. 100 in Stall A7.
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on organic certified pumpkin in Stall F4 at the Colombo Good Market.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B8.
* Ketsa has handmade cotton and silk batik clothing and linen clothing in Stall C9.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae tablets in Stall A6 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification. Great nutritional supplement for vegetarians and the elderly.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B10
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* New hair oil, essential oils, liquid dish soap, laundry powder, and activated charcoal odor absorbers from Moonshadow
* New mosquito repellent citronella candles in terracotta pots by Fone Candles
* New sambols, pastes and chutneys from ManiEli: Banana Blossom & Mushroom, Beetroot Apple & Prawnilicious
* New Demeter certified biodynamic oats from a family farm in Western Australia brought in by SPK Trading
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad leaves and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
* Organic certified brown sugar, pasta, and ready-to-eat soups from Ma's Foods
* Lime pickle, mango pickle, katta sambol, karapincha sambol, luni miris, and polos curry from Larich
* Organic certified king coconut water, mango, pineapple, and mixed fruit juices, and dried mango, pineapple, watermelon and banana fruit snacks from Govi Aruna Organic
* All natural Ginger Lime Tonic, Rose et Hibiscus, Lime Crush and Lemongrass Mint beverages from SOZO
* Organic certified black and green tea, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, white rice flour, red rice flour and coconut milk from Bio Foods
* Organic certified coconut butter and virgin coconut oil from Coconut Miracle
* All natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society in Puttalam
* Plain yogurt and traditional buffalo curd from Renusha
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan vendor community.