Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for October 19th is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
• Koularagama Ceramics is back at the Saturday Good Market with handmade pottery from their producer cooperative in Moneragala. Don’t miss stall A4.
• Viveca has a new collection of environmentally responsible housewares made out of water hyacinth, rattan, and reed in stall D9. Products include piano stools, coat racks, magazine holders, spice racks, corner racks, and more.
• Soul Food has school snack energy balls in stall D7. They also have a special offer on their vegan protein shakes: buy 5 for Rs. 2,000.
• AthkamRoo has a new range of hand-woven reed bags in stall B7.
• Helanta Coffee has freshly roasted coffee from their network of more than 1,500 small-scale farmers across 20 villages in Sri Lanka's hill country. Check them out in stall B2.
• Happy Crafts is in stall B9 with crochet toys, jewelry, and accessories handmade by women from disadvantaged families in the Negombo area.
• PinkBug has rugs, storage containers, furniture, and other housewares made from environmentally responsible materials in stall B12.
• Sumaa has hot and cold Ceylon cinnamon drinks in stall B2.
• The Athsalu group from Haritha Community Products is offering a special discount on floor mats. Check them out in stall F7-F8
• Natura is in stall C2 with a new selection of baskets, bags, and bins handmade in Mannar district from natural palmyrah leaves.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• Plant-based food colors in spinach green, marigold yellow and paprika orange from Sprig Natural
• Pure kithul palm jaggery paste and kithul treacle from DivineOrganics
• Organic certified coconut sugar, mango, papaya, banana, and pineapple dried fruit snacks, ginger, cardamom, curry powder, chili, white pepper, and black pepper spice dispensers, and virgin coconut oil from Greenfield Organic Life
• Papaya passion vanilla jam, mango ginger jam, mustard, spiced chai tea, and broken orange pekoe black tea from Amba Estate
• Organic certified pineapple, cauliflower, big onions and baby onions from Saaraketha
• Oven dried cashew, deviled cashew, and cooking cashew from Golden Cashews
• Organic certified dried mango, ripe jackfruit, papaya, pineapple,and banana snacks and young jackfruit from Eliya
• Turkish dried apples, figs, apricots, hazelnuts, walnuts and almonds from Big Borek
• Mosquito repellent beeswax candles from Fone Natural
• Coir coconut fiber seedling pouches, granule fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, and soil substrata for organic gardening from Eco Greeners
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Cashew crumbles and coconut crumbles from Hope Cookies, a social enterprise that provides employment opportunities for people with developmental disabilities
• Passion narang, pani dodang sea salt, hibiscus, lime crush, tamarind, lemon iced tea, ginger lime tonic and achcharu drink from SOZO
• Moringa leaf herbal tea and moringa capsules from MoriCeylon
• Calocybe indica specialty mushrooms from Hyphae Grow
• Naarang juice and ginger beer from Cherine's Quench
• Organic PGS cinnamon sticks and cinnamon powder from Amuura
• Himalayan pink salt and jackfruit seed powder from Suwa
• Devilled cashew, roasted cashew, and cooking cashew from Convex Lanka
• Crystal deodorant and beeswax wraps from Sustainablee
• Hard wax for zero waste hair removal and moon cups for zero waste menstruation from Kiseki
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.