Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. This week we have 3 new vendors and a special film premiere event organized by Vegan Sri Lanka. Hope to see you there!
10 to 6 - Children's Day Fundraiser
Grade 6 students from Ladies’ College will be selling used books, clothing and toys under the nuga tree to raise funds for a music video project for the Maharagama cancer hospital
10 to12 - Kayla music by Senses
12 to1 - Live music by Jayanga
1 to 3 - Deep house by Gaia
3 to 3.30 – Live music by Rickey
3:30 to 4 - Chillout music by Senses
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A9)
4 to 6 - Free film premiere and vegan refreshments by Vegan Sri Lanka, Smokey’s The Brownie Bar and The Vegan Kitchen
* New vendor SquareD Designs has unique handmade wood and silver jewelry in Stall B3
* New vendor OrganicoGuru has sustainably sourced organic products and superfoods that can't be grown in Sri Lanka. Learn more in Stall D6
* New vendor Thushari has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B11.
* Baker’s Choice has fresh mixed seed ciabatta, mini brioche, baguettes, fig bread, wholemeal loaves, plain and seeded bagels, rosemary focaccia, boule in Stall F3.
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on certified organic sweet papaya in Stall F4 at the Colombo Good Market.
* Milk & Honey Café has beetroot feta tarts, pumpkin spinach tarts, mushroom leek tarts, cinnamon nut brioche, choco nut energy balls, apple custard cake, and wholemeal cookies for kids in Stall C10.
* Urban Island Home is back in Stall B3. Their handcrafted range of fashion, housewares, and accessories integrate contemporary design while supporting village artisans.
* Sena Eco is introducing a new line of locally made laptop pouches in Stall C1.
* Binuka Organic has organic certified fruits, vegetables, kithul syrup, jaggery and fresh milk from Morawaka in Stall C9 this week.
* Secret Garden has living gifts in Stall B2. Stop by and check out their full range of cacti, aloe, and other succulents.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae in Stall A7 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12.
Galle Good market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Have kids? Bring them to the market at 3 pm for “Play with Green” free Children’s Day eco crafts. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - “Play with Green” free eco craft sesssion by FriendzHome
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold tropical fruit popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, ash plantain and sweet potato cutlets, fresh fruit juices and more in Stall C5.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B5.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B2.
* FriendzHome in Stall C5 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B3. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C3 and C4 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* New organic certified raw cocoa powder from Greenfield Organic Life plus organic coconut sugar, dried fruits and chocolate, cinnamon, pineapple, and plain coconut spreads.
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad leaves, rocket leaves and spinach pesto from Uva Forest Gardens
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, creamed coconut, desiccated coconut, and coconut spread from Cocomi Bio Organics
* New mocha and chocolate vegan protein shakes from Soul Food
* All natural pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, pecan and goji berries from What On Earth
* Pure vanilla paste, vanilla extract and vanilla pods from Ceylon Vanilla Company
* Pure bee honey, bee honey with organic cinnamon, and bee honey with garlic fromDunvila Sustainables
* Organic certified rigatoni pasta, conichiglie pasta, mango and mustard soup, creamed pumpkin soup, tom kha soup, and garlic gotukola soup from Ma's Foods Organic
* Organic pachchaperumal rice, madathawalu rice, rice flour, and cinnamon sticks from Bio Foods
* Ginger Lime Tonic, Rose et Hibiscus, Lime crush And Lemongrass Mint beverages from SOZO
* Strawberry and mango yogurt drinks from Frutty Fro Yo
* Traditional buffalo curd and plain yogurt from Renusha
* Cheddar, haloumi, paneer and feta cheese from Aeri
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives fromAmiron Farm
* All natural dog treats from The Barkery
* Natural laundry powder, dishwash soap, cinnamon and honey lip balm, and essential oils from Moonshadow
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.