Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. Great music lineup, new food options, art classes for kids, and more. Hope to see you there!
10 to 11 - Morning chillout music by Senses
11 to 12 - Live music by Clyde and crew
12 to 3 - Deep house by Gaia and Sandra
3 to 4 - Live music by Shehan
3:30 to 5:30 - Free art classes for kids by Ceylon Art Gallery under the nuga tree
4 to 6 - Community open mic
5 to 6 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
* The Rotaract Clubs of University of Colombo Faculty of Arts and Cinnamon Gardens will be under the nuga tree selling tickets for Baila Nite 2016. Proceeds from this annual event will be used for Rotaract social service programs.
* Nature's Grace is offering free reiki trial sessions this week. Gamini is an experienced reiki master and energy healing practitioner. Visit him in Stall B4 to learn more about reiki treatments for pain and stress management.
* Chakra is back in Stall C2 with a brand new collection of tie-dyed tops, skirts, accessories and more.
* New vendor Tash focuses on responsibly sourced local gemstones and handmade silver jewelry. Learn more in Stall E3.
* Saaraketha is offering a 15% discount on organic certified kithul syrup in Stall F4 at the Colombo Good Market.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Secret Garden is back in Stall B2 with their full range of cacti, aloe, and other succulents. Check out their new driftwood collection
* Sari Connection has their new kids clothing line in Stall B3 this week. Check out their full range of tops, pants, skirts, dresses, bags and accessories made from upcycled saris by women in Jaffna and Mullaithivu.
* New vendor Anyaa Wellness has all natural spa products and services in Stall C1. They also have a health food range of organic certified virgin coconut oil, king coconut water, coconut butter, creamed coconut and coconut flour.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B11.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae tablets in Stall A8 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification. Great nutritional supplement for vegetarians and the elderly.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12.
Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. There are 22 vendors this week. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
12 to 5 - FriendzHome kids play area under the nuga tree
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Sri Yoga Shala, a holistic outdoor retreat space for yoga, meditation, arts and creativity will be at the Galle Good Market this week.
* Ruweena is back with their popular fruit juices from village homegardens and mangrove plants. Find them in Stall C4.
* Manacare Foundation volunteers are doing a special fundraiser in Stall B3 this week. Pick up some handmade soap or accessories and support their social services.
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets, fresh fruit juices, virgin mojitos and more in Stall D1.
* Sevens Eco and K&D Lace Creations have so many great new products that they are expanding to full stalls. Find them in Stall B4 and D2.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall A3.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B2.
* FriendzHome in Stall D1 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall A1. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C1 and C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, vegan coconut milk drink, cacao, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* Organic certified lemongrass ginger tea, loose black tea, Earl Grey tea, green mint tea, English breakfast tea, and chai tea from Greenfield Organic Life
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Go Organic - Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad leaves and rocket / arugula from Uva Forest Gardens
* Raw organic cacao powder, coconut sugar, snack bars (cacao, mango, banana, pineapple and fruit & nut) and ginger, pineapple & cinnamon coconut spreads from Greenfield Organic Life
* Organic certified pasta locally made with heirloom wheat from Italy by Ma’s Foods Organic
* Supersun chocolate and coffee soy milk from Sujan International
* Ready-to-eat organic pumpkin soup, vegetable mulligatawny, mango mustard and garlic gotukola soup from Ma’s Foods Organic
* Vegan organic coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, creamed coconut, desiccated coconut, and coconut butter spread from Cocomi Bio Organics
* Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and quinoa from What On Earth
* Mangosteen powder, moringa leaf powder, garcinia powder, pure kithul syrup, bees honey and kithul jaggery paste from Rainforest Foods
* Fresh naarang juice and ginger beer from Cherine's Quench
* Rose et Hibiscus, Lime Crush, Ginger Lime Tonic, and Lemongrass Mint beverages from SOZO
* Ambarella chutney, lime date chutney, papaya chutney, katu lovi jam, mixed cherry jam and chilli jam from Yummy Goodness
* Masala chia, decadent chocolate, extra vanilla, cappuccino, fig & honey, vanilla fudge, cookies and cream, strawberry and woodapple ice creams, sherbets and vegan sorbets from Carino
* All natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society
* Natural liquid hand soap plus green tea, honey oatmeal, coffee fusion, and rustic pumpkin spice bath bars from Aurelia Soapworks
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.