Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for October 26th is below.
• Soul Food has almond milk iced coffee and a wide range of vegan and refined sugar free options. Stop by stall D6 for a sample.
• Suds Soapery specializes in handmade soaps and other personal care products made with pure essential oils and natural mineral colorants. Find them in stall B1.
• Advithiya is offering a 15% discount on selected kurtas, ponchos, kaftans, dresses, pants, skirts, tops, and handmade notebooks in stall D8. They also have a new collection shawls, bags, hats, hair scrunchies, hair bandeaus, and kitchen dusters.
• Hela Arts collects waste and natural materials and creates unique artwork and jewelry using traditional Sri Lankan temple painting motifs. Find them in stall B9.
• Eco Kade has a wide range of lifestyle products that make it easier to reduce waste including shampoo bars, soap bars, bamboo and stainless steel straws, glass storage jars, beeswax wraps, reusable travel cups, water bottles, sanitary products, and more in stall E1.
• Binuka Organic has organic PGS fresh vegetables and fruits including lovi, heirloom tomato, naarang, coconut, fresh ginger and more. Find them in stall A6.
• Chibby’s Friends is back with a thrift sale of pre-loved books, garments, accessories, shoes, and much more in stall A3. Proceeds go to support children facing serious health issues.
• Viveca has rattan chairs, dining sets, loungers, and more in stall A5.
Kolamba Style Festival
Visiting the Saturday Good Market this week? Walk across the street and check out the Kolomba Style Festival inside the Lakpahana Complex from 10 am to 6 pm. Participating Good Market community members include Pendi, Lovi, Lakpahana, and Kemara.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
• NEW: Himalayan pink rock salt crystals and powder from Suwa
• Organic certified virgin coconut oil, unrefined coconut oil, coconut butter, flour, coconut water, vinegar, aminos and coconut syrup from Coconut Miracle
• Katu lovi jam, mulberry jam, papaya passion jam, narang marmalade, orange marmalade, naminam chutney, and papaya chutney from Yummy Goodness
• Gherkin pickles in natural vinegar, moringa rice flour stringhopper mix, organic certified pineapple, mango, mixed fruit, and soursop juices, cinnamon drink, plain king coconut water, and pineapple coconut water from Govi Aruna
• Cinnamon roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, lightly salted cashew, and plain roasted cashew from Addictive
• Lime pickle, brinjal pickle, Sinhala achcharu, veralu achcharu and ambarella curry from Araliya Foods
• Gluten-free buckwheat pasta spirals and rice and corn penne, organic certified canned tomatoes, red kidney beans, cannellini beans, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, toasted sesame oil, almond milk, and soy milk from Organico Guru
• Unrefined local cane sugar from Madushani
• Sesame thalaguli, point pedro vadai, pakoda, palmyrah jaggery, palmyrah sugar candy, and ghee from Northern Palmyrah
• Peanut butter, tahini, sun-dried tomato, sun-dried beetroot, savory tomato chili jam, and green papaya pineapple chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
• Turmeric latte blend from Terra Merita
• TODDS natural coir kitchen scrubs from Eco Lanka Consultants (No more plastic sponges!)
• Natural liver and chicken dog treats from The Barkery
• Acai, maca, matcha, and spirulina powders from Vitawell
• All natural floor cleaner, window cleaner, and multi surface cleaner from Cinnasol
• Mega Omega, Protein Blast and Almond Cranberry Crunch snack mixes from PowerUp 365
• Organic certified Melo Mint, Lemongrass, and Classic king coconut water from August Water
• Dates, atta flour, gram flour, and kurakkan flour from FoodLink
• Smooth Ceylon, Indulgence, and Intense Espresso coffee from Soul Coffee
• Unsweetened soy milk, chocolate soy milk, coffee soy milk, vegetarian burgers, and vegetarian hot dogs from Be Veg and SuperSun
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.