Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. There are 3 new vendors this week. Hope to see you there!
10 to 12 - Morning chillout music by Senses
12 to 1 - Deep house by Gaia
1 to 1:30 - Senses
1:30 to 3 - Gaia
3 to 4 - Live music by Clyde and Shehan
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Iridescence – Hope Through Art will be selling handmade mugs, books and other items to raise funds for an upcoming "random acts of kindness" initiative. Stop by Stall B5 to learn more and show your support.
* Healing Island first became a Good Market vendor in July 2013. They are back at the Saturday Good Market this week with aromatherapy oil, massage oils, bug repellent oils, soaps, face packs, incense, potpourri, clay burners, and gift packs in Stall B10. Rs. 100 from each item purchased will be donated to Trail 2016.
* Katupotha Organic Estate will have fresh organic certified coconuts from their farm in Kurunegala. You can find them in Stall E4.
* Crepes Parlour has a very special offer in Stall D8 this week. Try any of their fresh crepes for Rs. 250 or a piece of their vanilla chocolate crepe cake for Rs. 150. All of their crepes are made with local kurakkan flour and organic ingredients from Sunrise Organic Farm and Saaraketha.
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on organic certified virgin coconut oil in Stall F4 at the Colombo Good Market.
* Baker’s Choice has assorted bagels, petite baguettes, mixed seed ciabatta, fig bread, blue stilton fougasse, boule, wholemeal loaves, turmeric bread in mini brioche in Stall F3. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-orders.
* Organico Guru is offering a special 20% discount on Thomas Chipman organic certified corn tortilla chips and potato chips in Stall D6 this week.
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Secret Garden is back in Stall B2 with their full range of cacti, aloe, and other succulents. Check out their new desert garden collection
* SOZO has a special refill offer in Stall A7. Present your used cup and get an ice-cold refill of your favorite specialty beverage for only Rs. 100.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B9.
* Anyaa Wellness has organic certified coconut flour, coconut butter, creamed coconut, king coconut water, and virgin coconut oil in Stall C1. They also have natural spa products and services. A 15-minute massage by a visually impaired therapist is Rs. 500.
* Sari Connection has their new kids clothing line in Stall B3 this week. Check out their full range of tops, pants, skirts, dresses, bags and accessories made from upcycled saris by women in Jaffna and Mullaithivu.
* Tash focuses on responsibly sourced local gemstones and handmade silver jewelry. Choose a gemstone and design your own custom piece in Stall E3.
* Buluwala Herbal has their popular Lina sandalwood scrub soap in Stall D8. It’s made from Ayurvedic herbal ingredients including white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa and venivelgeta. It has antiseptic, astringent, moisture balancing properties which help many skin conditions such as acne, prickly heat rash, boils, itchy dry skin, and oily skin. The soap is packed in eco-friendly boxes made from talipot palm leaves.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae tablets in Stall A6 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification. Great nutritional supplement for vegetarians and the elderly.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B10.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B11.
Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Ruhunu Ranga Soba and the monthly night market are happening this week with drumming, fire, dancing and more. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
12 to 5 - FriendzHome kids play area under the nuga tree
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
6:45 to 8 - Ruhunu Ranga Soba
Come check out this amazing low-country traditional dance performance with drums, somersaults, colorful costumes, traditional masks and fire organized by the Southern Province Cultural Ministry. Great for kids and out-of-town visitors! Free admission.
* Sevens Eco has a new line of upcycled denim bags with handloom trims. Only one of each design. Visit Stall A2 or contact 0766237755 to reserve.
* K&D is doing BBQ in Stall D1 with fresh grilled corn, local seafood and homemade barbecue sauce
* Kanchi Crafts has a new collection of coconut shell belts and other accessories in Stall C1.
* Ceylon Tafel is introducing hot ginger tea, mint tea and cinnamon tea in Stall D2 this week. They’ll also have ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets, fresh fruit juices, virgin mojitos and more in Stall D1.
* Nidahasa is introducing a special range of yoga mat bags, pencil cases, make up bags and clothing made from sari and other upcycled materials in Stall B1.
* Lion Kithul Wood is taking orders for custom kithul wood designs. Check out their full line of handmade housewares in Stall B2.
* Manacare Foundation volunteers are doing a special fundraiser in Stall E2 this week. Pick up some handmade soap or accessories and support their social services.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall C5.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B1.
* FriendzHome in Stall D2 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C3 and C4 including upcountry organic vegetables, vegan coconut milk drink, cacao, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* All natural liquid dish soap, laundry powder, dishwash soap, hair oil, essential oils and odor absorbers from Moonshadow
* Mosquito-repellent citronella candles in terracotta pots from Fone Candles
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad leaves and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Vegan protein shake, chocolate granola, matcha granola, cashew butter and almond butter from Soul Food
* Organic certified dried mango, dried pineapple, dried papaya, dried banana, dried watermelon, pineapple juice and mixed fruit juice from Govi Aruna Organic
* Organic certified black tea, green tea, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon powder, white rice flour, red rice flour and coconut milk from Bio Foods
* Pure vanilla paste, vanilla extract, vanilla pods, and vanilla coconut vinegar (great on salad and grilled vegetables!) from Ceylon Vanilla Company
* Organic dried jackfruit snacks and mixed fruit snacks from Arni's Food
* Traditional plain yogurt and buffalo curd from Renusha
* Mango, passion, blueberry, strawberry and raspberry yogurt from Senani Naturals
* All natural karapincha sambol, chili-fried jack seed, lime pickle, mango pickle, seeni sambol, and lunu miris from Larich
* Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds and quinoa from What On Earth
* Organic certified coconut milk powder, coconut chips, coconut spread, coconut milk drink and creamed coconut from Cocomi Bio Organic
* All natural sea salt from Saviya Cooperative Society in Puttalam
* Rustic pumpkin spice, green tea, cucumber yogurt, honey oatmeal, coffee fusion and plain unscented bath bars from Aurelia Soapwork
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan community.