Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Ice-cold fruit popsicles, free mehendi for kids, organic produce and more. Spread the word and help support local producers, performers, and entrepreneurs!
10 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 3 - Chill out music by Minushka
3 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Ceylon Tafel has mango, woodapple, passionfruit and watermelon popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath, manioc, sweet potato cutlets, fresh fruit juices, virgin mojitos and more in Stall C3.
* Urban Island Home is back in Stall B6. Their handcrafted range of fashion, housewares, and accessories integrate contemporary design while supporting village artisans.
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B2.
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B5.
* FriendzHome in Stall C3 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B3. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C1 and C2 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. Bring your kids between 3:30 and 5:30 for free art classes under the nuga tree with Ceylon Art Gallery. Hope to see you there!
10 to 12 - Morning chillout music by Senses
12 to 3 - Deep house by Gaia
3 to 4 - Live music by Shehan
3:30 to 5:30 - Free art classes for kids by Ceylon Art Gallery under the nuga tree
4 to 5 - Community open mic
5 to 6 - R&B music by Jason
5 to 6 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A12)
* New vendor Crepes Parlour has sweet crepes, savory crepes, and crepe cakes in Stall D8. All crepes are freshly made with a kurakkan flour blend and local organic ingredients. 7% of sales support programs for orphan kids.
* New vendor Anyaa Wellness has all natural spa products and services in Stall C2. They also have a health food range of organic certified virgin coconut oil, king coconut water, coconut butter, creamed coconut and coconut flour.
* New vendor Organico Guru specializes in sustainably sourced organic products and superfoods that can't be grown in Sri Lanka. The products cleared customs and you can find the full range in Stall D7 this week!
* SquareD Designs specializes in clean, minimal design. Check out their range of handmade, locally sourced wooden jewelry in Stall B3.
* Milk & Honey has beetroot fennel & feta tarts, their popular aubergine bake, cinnamon jaggery brioche and other vegetarian treats made with whole grains, natural sweeteners, and organic ingredients in Stall C12.
* Ghedora Connects will be selling donated new and secondhand goods under the nuga tree to help raise funds for a bone marrow transplant for 4-year-old Lisath. Stop by to learn more about their “Help Lisath Live” campaign.
* SOZO is offering a special for other Good Market vendors this week. Get a cold drink for Rs. 100 in Stall A9.
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on organic certified capsicum in Stall F4 at the Colombo Good Market.
* Secret Garden is introducing their new driftwood collection. Stop by Stall B2 to check out their full range of cacti, aloe, and other succulents.
* Ceylon Art Gallery has oil paintings and watercolors that focus on nature, rural life, women, and Sri Lanka's cultural heritage in Stall B10.
* Voice Foundation is gearing up for their annual Voice Walk against child abuse on October 15th. Visit them in Stall B11 this week to learn more and get involved.
* Raja Gedara has traditional buffalo curd with kithul treacle and a wide range of other local favorites in Stall D10. Proceeds go to support WE Team social service activities.
* Ketsa has handmade cotton and silk batik clothing and linen clothing in Stall C11.
* Poori’s is back, and they’re serving up spicy aloo masala kathi rolls and their popular paneer-stuffed idli in Stall A2.
* Sena Eco is introducing a new line of handloom sandals with kolapath areca leaf soles in Stall C3.
* Spicy Treats has sustainably sourced manioc, coconut sambol, pork curry, fish ambulthiyal and more in Stall C6. A portion of all sales goes to support Needy Readers.
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Dr PPARs has Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae tablets in Stall A9 that boost the immune system, lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and support detoxification. Great nutritional supplement for vegetarians and the elderly.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11.
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors. New deliveries for this Saturday include:
* New liquid hand soap with lime essential oil from Aurelia Soapworks plus rustic pumpkin spice, coffee fusion, honey oatmeal, cucumber yogurt, and unscented bath soaps.
* Organic certified mixed lettuce and baby spinach from Nature Farms
* Organic PGS salad leaves and rocket (arugula) from Uva Forest Gardens
* Free range eggs from Malpotha Farms and Via Village
* Gherkin pickles in natural vinegar from Govi Aruna
* Hummus and muamara Turkish dips from Big Borek…goes great with the baked atta pita chips from Saffron Persian Delights
* Fresh naarang juice and ginger beer from Cherine's Quench
* Organic certified fruit & nut snack bars, coconut ginger spread, coconut cinnamon spread, and coconut sugar from Greenfield Organic Life
* Thalaguli sesame sweets, kithul jaggery & kithul syrup from Haritha Lanka
* Dried organic mango, watermelon, papaya, and banana fruit snacks plus organic pineapple, mango, and mixed fruit juice from Govi Aruna Organic
* Masala chai, fig & honey, vanilla bean, decadent chocolate, almond fudge, chocolate chip, woodapple, and passion fruit ice cream and sorbet from Carino
* Cinnamon roasted cashew, cumin roasted cashew, chili roasted cashew and plain cashew from Addictive
* Heat-and-eat organic certified pumpkin soup, gotukola garlic soup, tom kha, and mango mustard soup from Ma’s Foods Organic
* Organic certified cardamom, cloves and nutmeg from Ma’s Food Organic
* Vegan organic coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, desiccated coconut, creamed coconut, plain coconut chips and toasted coconut chips from Cocomi Bio Organic
* Quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and macadamia nuts from What On Earth
* Prawns, tuna, cuttlefish, barramundi, and crab meat from Ceylon Catch
* Natural chicken with no antibiotics, growth promoters, or other feed additives from Amiron Farm
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan vendor community.