Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for September 21st is below. You can also find it in the weekly blog post.
* NEW: T-Hues is introducing their collection of naturally-dyed men’s and women’s T-shirts, scarves, and handkerchiefs. They’ve developed a unique process to extract 15 colors of natural dye from tea waste. Stop by stall D9 to learn more.
* NEW: Aroma Natural will be in stall E3 with their range of handmade glycerin soaps and scrubs. They’re offering a 10% discount on all products in honor of their Good Market launch day.
* NEW: Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) will be having fun activities under the nuga tree to raise awareness about the international Sustainable Development Goals.
* Sustainablee is introducing reusable and compostable sporks, natural scrubbers, wooden cotton buds, and cotton produce bags in stall F2.
* Visit Yattir in stall D1 to try their new rice dish and baked cabbage rolls. They’ll also have their popular “bahn bun” sandwiches.
* The Clay Studio is back with a new collection of handmade ceramic teapots, Japanese green tea pots, soap holders, water jugs, cups, mugs, and more. Don’t miss stall B1.
* Forest Garden Organics has freshly harvested honeycomb in stall D11.
* Fruitful is back at the Saturday Good Market with their popular range of naarang, watermelon, and passionfruit popsicles and chocolate, vanilla, and passionfruit ice cream. Find them in stall B10.
* Chibby’s Friends has pre-loved clothing, housewares, bags, and accessories in stall F3. All proceeds go to support children with long-term illnesses.
* ECO-V is raising awareness about the benefits of vetiver grass in stall F2.
* Manohari Batik has a new batik collection in stall E2.
* AthkamRoo has natural reed fiber baskets, mats, wedding cake boxes, and more in stall E4.
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Vegan coconut yogurt, organic certified coconut sugar, original, teriyaki, and garlic coconut aminos, coconut milk, coconut cream, and coconut vinegar from Ceylon Coconut Company
* Coir coconut fiber garden pots and TODDS coir sponges from Eco Lanka Consultants
* Organic certified coconut milk drink, coconut milk powder, raw and toasted coconut chips, and desiccated coconut from Cocomi Bio Organic
* Acai, maca, matcha, and spirulina powders from Vitawell
* Pork sausages, lingus, chorizo, satay, bacon, and pepper-crusted ham from Pepper Valley Farm
* Organic PGS microgreens salad mix from Mgreens
* Hard wax for zero waste hair removal, pre-birth and post-birth moon cups from Kiseki
* Unrefined cane sugar from Madushani
* Peanut butter, tahini, sun-dried tomato, sun-dried beetroot, savory tomato chili jam, and pineapple green papaya chutney from Rangala House Gourmet
* Devilled cashew, oven-dried cashew, and cooking cashew from Golden Cashew
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic certified red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, toasted sesame oil, almond milk, and soy milk from OrganicoGuru
* Karangoda Apiary bee honey from Elixir of Life
* Coconut crumbles and cashew crumbles from Hope Cookies, a social enterprise supporting people with developmental disabilities
* Organic certified coconut milk, coconut syrup, coconut vinegar, coconut water, coconut flour, and moringa powder from Nutri Naturals
* Classic, turmeric, and masala spice kombucha and green tea jun from Laa Dhalu
* Organic certified coconut sugar, dried fruit snacks (mango, papaya, banana, and pineapple), spice dispensers (cardamom powder, ginger powder, curry powder, chili powder, white pepper grinder, and black pepper grinder) and virgin coconut oil from Greenfield Organic Life
* Green coffee bean extract, medium roast coffee, and espresso from LYBS
* Bamboo toothbrushes, bamboo straws, straw cleaners, and straw travel pouches from Eco Kadé
* Lemongrass lotion, lotus lotion, kaolin mud pack, kasthuri turmeric scrub, honey rose soap, and lemongrass soap from Helinta Eco
* All natural floor cleaner, window cleaner, and multi surface cleaner from Cinnasol
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.