Colombo Climate Strike
Join Climate Action Now Sri Lanka at Viharamahadevi Park Children's Playground on Friday, September 27th from noon until 4 pm. At 4 pm, they will be going to Galle Face Green. (The plan is to do a plogging session and pick up trash along the way, so bring bags and gloves if you'd like to join.) Banners and posters made from recycled and compostable materials are encouraged.
If you can't be there from 12 to 4, consider taking an hour from work, school, university, or your lunch break to join in. Can't make it all? Help spread the word!
No saturday Good Market on September 28th
There is no Saturday Good Market on September 28th due to a rugby event and car park construction at the Racecourse. Look forward to seeing everyone on October 5th!
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Vegan almond milk,vegan protein shakes, peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter from Soul Food
* New Beginnings crunchy peanut butter, smooth peanut butter, and peanut oil from small-scale farmers in Iyakkachchi, organic certified creamy pumpkin soup, gotukola garlic soup, and rigatoni pasta from Ma’s Kitchen
* Braggs organic apple cider vinegar and nutritional yeast from Finch Organic Health & Living
* Dried mushroom produced by rural community groups in Matara from Agromart
* Organic certified virgin coconut oil, coconut vinegar, and coconut flour from Coconut Miracle
* Pork lingus, chorizo, satay, bacon, and pepper crusted ham from Pepper Valley Farm
* Liver bites and chicken nibbles natural dog treats from The Barkery
* Tree free environmentally responsible toilet paper from Jetwing
* Pure essential oils for aromatherapy, personal care, or home use from Cliara Essential Oils
* TODDS coir sponges from Eco Lanka Consultants
* Vermicompost for organic gardening from Agrich
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Organic certified virgin coconut oil, natural coconut oil, and coconut cream from Ceylon Coconut Company
* Organic certified TJC mangoes from Ellawala Organic
* Natural cheddar cheese, paneer, and butter from women producers at Lili Dairy
* Organic certified rolled oats, oat flour, steel cut oats, and instant oats from Oateo Organic
* Pure kithul treacle from Kimbula Kithul
* Red rice noodles, string hoppers, garlic powder, ginger powder, and curry leaf powder from Radha Lanka
* Karapincha sambol, coconut sambol, katta sambol, seeni sambol, lunu miris, lime pickle, mango pickle, chili fried ambarella, tamarind paste, goraka paste, garlic, and ginger from Larich
* Pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, black sesame seed, basil seed (kasa kasa), chia seed, flax seed, and flax seed flour from Thulsi Superseeds
* Gluten-free buckwheat pasta spirals and rice and corn penne, organic certified red kidney beans, canned tomatoes, and cannellini beans from OrganicoGuru
* All natural coir pouches, natural granule fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, and soil substrata for organic home gardening from Eco Greeners
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.