Colombo Good Market
The Colombo Good Market is open every Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (rain or shine!) in the Nuga Tree Car Park at the Colombo Racecourse. There’s a great music lineup, a new vendor and several returning vendors at the Colombo Good Market this week. Hope to see you there!
10 to 11 - Morning chillout music by Senses
11 to 12 - Live music by Jayanga
12 to 3 - Deep house by Gaia
3 to 3:30 - Live music by Sanod
3:30 to 6 - Community open mic
4 to 5 - Nature Kids urban eco adventure with ECO-V (meet at Stall A13)
* New vendor Araliya Pillows will have pillows filled with natural kapok from Kataragama and Hambantota in Stall E5.
* Saffron Persian Delights is back in Stall D2 with baba ghanoush, hummus, falafel wraps, chicken kebab wraps, mutton shawarma wraps and more. Vegan options sell out quickly. Call 0778895009 to preorder.
* Secret Garden is back at the Colombo Good Market with their popular cacti, aloe, and other naturally grown succulent plants. Don’t miss Stall B4
* Saaraketha is offering a 10% discount on their certified organic tomatoes in Stall F4 this Saturday
* SOZO is hosting Mixology in Stall A10. Mix and match the 4 different flavors on tap to create your own version of SOZO. Refills available for Rs. 150
* ECO-V is introducing a new line of bamboo key tags in Stall A12. They also have sustainably harvested kolapath plates, bamboo cups, cinnamon wood key tags, naturally dyed cotton clothing, and much more.
* Sari Connection has a beautiful collection of upcycled sari tops, pants, skirts, dresses, bags and accessories made by women in Jaffna and Mullaithivu in Stall E5
* Poori's is serving atta chapatti noodles, masala dosa, stuffed idly and other healthy Indian treats in Stall C1
* Deen the Bookman has a new selection of second-hand novels, children’s books, rare books, and collectibles in Stall A1.
* Eco Green has a new collection of shoes and sandals made from natural materials in Stall C4. They also have pure kithul syrup and other forest garden products from Guayapi Lanka
* Phavinee's Kitchen has vegetarian Thai dumplings in Stall D8 this week
* Yummy Goodness is offering a 10% discount on their popular narang marmalade. Check out their full range of slow-cooked jams, marmalades and chutneys in Stall F4 at the Saturday Good Market or in the Good Market shop.
* Buluwala Herbal has sandalwood scrub soap and organic virgin coconut oil body care products in Stall B2. Their popular scrub soap is a gentle exfoliant made from white sandalwood, turmeric, margosa, and venivelgeta.
* Dr PPARs has whole food nutritional supplements made from Chlorella sorokiniana microalgae in Stall A9. They provide the vitamins and antioxidants of 5 servings of fruits and vegetables.
* Henna Booth will be applying natural henna mehendi designs in Stall B11
* Trained blind therapists from Thusare Talking Hands will be providing head, neck, shoulder, and foot massages in Stall B12
Galle Good Market
The Galle Good Market is open from 10 am this Saturday (rain or shine!) in Court Square, Galle Fort. Good Market vendors and volunteers are organizing a beach cleanup at Lighthouse Beach from 8:30 to 10:30this Saturday. Everyone is welcome. Help keep Galle beautiful!
8:30 to 10:30 - Beach Cleanup at Lighthouse Beach, Galle Fort
10:30 to 12 - Community open mic
12 to 2 - Chill out music by Minushka
2 to 4 - Free mehendi for kids by MiniMehendi World
4 to 6 - Community open mic
* Ceylon Tafel has ice-cold popsicles, village style rice and curry, roti, kiribath and more in Stall C6
* Kanchi Crafts has a new range of coconut shell and seashell jewelry in Stall B4
* Chami Foods has fresh hoppers, manioc and sambol, string hoppers, and more in Stall B5
* Kithul Wood Designs has unique kithul stem and kithul wood plant holders, light fixtures and housewares in Stall C3
* Rainforest Foods has certified organic tea, spices, moringa powder, garcinia powder, mangosteen powder, and pure kithul syrup and jaggery in Stall B1
* Saaraketha certified organic fruits and vegetables are available in Stall C4. Looking for organic fresh herbs, leafy greens, and other specialty products? Pre-order online and pick up your box from the market. Call 0773147792, visitwww.saaraketha.com/shop or email email@example.com for more details.
* FriendzHome in Stall C6 has quality second-hand clothing, jewelry, toys, housewares, books and more at great prices. Have things at home that you aren’t using? Bring them to Friends Home and they’ll sell them for you. 25% of sales go to support a child with special needs. Call Kumudu at 0774301399 to learn more.
* Nidahasa Cooperative has upcycled sari bags, clothing and accessories in Stall B2. Support this social enterprise to provide a living wage to more southern women.
* You can find Good Market products from other regions in Stall C5 including upcountry organic vegetables, dried fruit snacks, virgin coconut oil, natural snacks and much more. See something you like in the Good Market shop promotions? Call the shop team at 0773772122 and ask them to bring it down to Galle.
Good Market Shop
The Good Market organic and natural food shop is open every day across the street from the Colombo Saturday Good Market at the Racecourse. The shop operates as a not-for-profit social enterprise and has products from more than 70 Good Market approved vendors.
Starting this Sunday, Rotaract Club of Colombo West is organizing free guitar sessions at the Good Market shop from 6 to 8 pm. Play guitar? Want to learn? Come check it out!
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market shop and deli, and the Sri Lankan vendor community.