Saturday Good Market
The Saturday Good Market happens from 9 am to 5 pm (rain or shine!) in the nuga tree car park at the Colombo Racecourse. The stall layout for September 7th is below.
* NEW: Diriya Aruna is an annual social service project by students in the Faculty of Medical Sciences at the University of Sri Jayawardenepura. They will be in stall E3 selling bookmarks and used books to raise funds to develop a science classroom at a rural school.
* NEW: Check out Sandya Salgado’s new book “Not Just My Good Karma” in stall B12.
* NEW: Plovf.lk Natural will have traditional Russian soup, whole wheat and kurakkan blini pancakes, and plovf, a Russian style biriyani in stall F9. All proceeds go to support a kidney patient awaiting a transplant.
* Vikki is offering discounts for select naturally dyed clothing and accessories in stall E4.
* Yattir is introducing cabbage rolls stuffed with locally sourced rice and herbs in stall D1.
* Katana Upcycle is in stall B3 with their new collection of upcycled plastic and fabric file covers.
* Mannankulam has organic PGS mangoes in stall C9.
* Kithul Wood Designs is in stall B1 with a new collection of natural kithul wood products to replace plastics including lampshades, spoons, forks, and other housewares.
* FlipYarn is collecting, sanitizing, and recycling discarded flip flops into colorful sunglasses and accessories. Stop by stall D3 to check them out or visit their Kickstarter campaign. Have old flip flops? Bring them along to be upcycled!
Sunday Event at Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is organizing a free event on Sunday, September 8th from 9 am to 4 pm. There will be cooking demonstrations from Radha Lanka, food samples, recipe sharing, kids programs, and more. Stop by 137 Pannipitiya, Battaramulla this Sunday and check it out!
Good Market Battaramulla
Good Market Battaramulla is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm at 137 Pannipitiya Road. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, home, and garden products. Good Market Battaramulla has parking, space for more products, and a covered garden area to meet with family and friends. This week’s deliveries include…
* Organic certified dried mango, ripe jackfruit,papaya, pineapple and banana for snacking and young jackfruit for cooking from Eliya
* Turkish dried apples, figs, apricots, hazelnuts, walnuts, and almonds from Big Borek
* Vegan coconut yogurt, organic certified coconut aminos in teriyaki, garlic, and original, organic coconut cream, and organic coconut flour from Ceylon Coconut Company
* Organic certified extra virgin olive oil, toasted sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, soy milk, and unsweetened almond milk from OrganicoGuru
* Pure Arabica, dark Arabica and espresso coffee from Hansa Ceylon
* Atta flour, kurakkan flour, gram flour, and dates from FoodLink
* Braggs nutritional yeast and organic certfied apple cider vinegar from Finch Organic Health & Living
* Kithul jaggery, kithul syrup, and thala kerali sesame sweets from Haritha Lanka
* Calamari, handella, prawns, and tuna from Fresh Harvest
* Lime pickle, brinjal pickle, Sinhala achcharu, veralu achcharu and ambarella curry from Araliya Foods
Good Market Reid Avenue
Good Market Reid Avenue is open every day from 8 am to 8 pm across from the Colombo Racecourse in the Lakpahana Courtyard. The shop has fresh organic fruits, vegetables, rice, and other farm products, free range eggs and chicken, and natural food, body, and home products. The community deli has smoothies, juices, coffee, tea, hoppers, baked goods, and ready-to-eat meals and snacks from Good Market food vendors. This week’s deliveries include…
* NEW: Reusable beeswax wraps from Sustainablee (No more plastic cling film!)
* NEW: Organic PGS microgreens salad mix from Mgreens
* NEW: Ran kahawanu and masuran organic PGS rice from Dunvila Sustainables
* Gluten-free coconut tortilla wraps, cacao peanut spread, ashwagandha powder, and lavender deodorant from Array
* Deviled peanuts and kithul jaggery roasted peanuts with sesame from Moneragala social enterprise Little T’s
* Mega Omega, Protein Blast and Almond Cranberry Crunch snack blends from PowerUp 365
* Eggplant parmesan and arrabiata, margherita, and vegetable pizza with kurakkan crust from Dolce Italia
* Turkish dried apples, figs, apricots, almonds, hazelnuts, and walnuts from Big Borek
* Cocoa nibs and dark chocolate bars with kithul jaggery or unrefined cane sugar from Serendib Chocolate
* Fruit yogurt, plain yogurt, plain kefir, mango kefir, and vegan chia pudding from Senani
Sri Lanka Blog
The Good Market Sri Lanka blog includes updates on the Saturday Good Market event, the Good Market Reid Avenue and Battaramulla shops, and the Sri Lankan community.